General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Roc Harley on e-bay ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 12:46 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

What the heck is going on with the Harley dealers around here? Reggie Pink- out of business. Stamford Harley (Fritz's) - out of business. Bridgeport Harley (taken over by Fritz) - out of business. And now New Roc too? This is an affluent part of the country, kinda crazy that all these dealers are going under. Basically there will no Harley dealer between the NYC line going all the way up to New Haven on the shoreline. There's Brothers Harley in Branford.

I have heard a rumor that somebody bought Bridgeport Harley. We'll see who it is.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:58 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by nferr
What the heck is going on with the Harley dealers around here? Reggie Pink- out of business. Stamford Harley (Fritz's) - out of business. Bridgeport Harley (taken over by Fritz) - out of business. And now New Roc too? This is an affluent part of the country, kinda crazy that all these dealers are going under. Basically there will no Harley dealer between the NYC line going all the way up to New Haven on the shoreline. There's Brothers Harley in Branford.

I have heard a rumor that somebody bought Bridgeport Harley. We'll see who it is.
Property taxes & Con Ed rates around here must be killing them besides the economy. There's always Maroneys in Newburgh & HD Danbury. I'd choose Maroneys. Bridgeport rumors are true but I've also heard they may not reopen. Time will tell.

Last edited by golfblues; 04-24-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:18 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
Property taxes & Con Ed rates around here must be killing them besides the economy. There's always Maroneys in Newburgh & HD Danbury. I'd choose Maroneys. Bridgeport rumors are true but I've also heard they may not reopen. Time will tell. And you left out Prestige in Rockland which reopened as an indy in Elmsford. Tri State HD dealers went from to many to invisible.
Yeah, there's still some dealerships around but there's nothing along the shoreline with all the big towns. New Rochelle-Port Chester-Stamford-Norwalk- Bridgeport. Newburgh's way up the Hudson and Danbury is pretty far inland. The only dealer in Westchester or Fairfield County is Danbury I guess. And that's not convenient for a lot of people. Neither's Elmsford.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:52 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So then NewRoc is on it's way out but we will soon be getting a new dealership centrally located in Westchester County in the White Plains area? I like it! I sure do miss Reggie Pink's.. I was a member of White Plains HOG but we lost the chapter when Leslie lost the dealership. I hope the guy's from NewRoc have nothing to do with a new dealership in White Plains though. . Everyone I know complains about the attitude over at NewRoc. As I stated previously I work within 5 minutes of NewRoc and live 30 Minutes away but order my parts from Chicago rather than suffer the arrogant attitude of N/R. I have a friend with Parts on order and a scheduled date to install them. I'll let him know. Funny thing... they are still advertising 200 bikes in stock on the local radio stations.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:12 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

About 6 months ago I heard HD wanted a location near Mt Kisco. Why would they let Pinks building go if the wanted White Plains?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:15 AM
wraplock
Road Captain

I'm 60 years old and remember Reggie Pink's in their old building located on Central Avenue when I was a child. Rumor was HD forced Her to relocate to the larger building across the street. Leslie Pink bought the building and renovated it herself. I understand it cost her over five million dollars to do so. She had a Daughter and Grandson involved in the business. The next generation. After they pulled the franchise away from her and her family I think she would have burned it to the ground before selling it to Harley or anyone who would open a HD dealersip there. Glad to hear she sold the building and hope she got what she needed to walk away from the building.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:57 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by wraplock
I'm 60 years old and remember Reggie Pink's in their old building located on Central Avenue when I was a child. Rumor was HD forced Her to relocate to the larger building across the street. Leslie Pink bought the building and renovated it herself. I understand it cost her over five million dollars to do so. She had a Daughter and Grandson involved in the business. The next generation. After they pulled the franchise away from her and her family I think she would have burned it to the ground before selling it to Harley or anyone who would open a HD dealersip there. Glad to hear she sold the building and hope she got what she needed to walk away from the building.
The building was foreclosed on. The bank sold it to the new owner. Lesley was advised to stay in the old location but collapsed under the pressure from HD & should have never moved. It was a sad ending.

Last edited by golfblues; 04-24-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:29 AM
wraplock
Road Captain

Originally Posted by golfblues
The building was foreclosed on. The bank sold it to the new owner. Lesley was advised to stay in the old location but collapsed under the pressure from HD & should have never moved. Rumor has it she did it for her daughter & grandsons future. The grandson moved out of state & it seemed her daughter had no interest in putting in the effort to make it work. It was a sad ending.
I never heard about a forclosure. The end of an era for sure. My Dad owned a bar/restaurant about a mile up Central Ave and I remember as a child back in the '50's when the local motor cops would come in for lunch and park their bikes out front. I got to sit on more than one! Probably when I got the call to ride! anyway....I don't know many who will miss NewRoc or even care.

Last edited by wraplock; 05-04-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:37 AM
leachman
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

they are horrible. I waited 6 weeks for an fxrg jacket finally I cancelled order and purchased somewhere else.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:23 PM
NewRoc Harley
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy is a liar. We are open, have bikes, and are staying in NewRochelle. Come visit us and see over 100 new bikes! When you look up their "profile" they are pretending to be the owner of NewRoc but can't even spell my name correctly. Jerkoffs like this should be banned from the forums.

Quick Reply: New Roc Harley on e-bay ???