General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackline softail

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011 | 01:33 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

The thing I don't like about it is it looks like it was put together with whatever was laying around at the time....all the mix of chrome here, wrinkle black there, gloss black this, and satin black on that.....just looks kind of cheesy. Pick one and go with it. At least then it wouldn't look like a $15000 hobo bike.

Old 03-02-2011 | 03:11 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior

I don't think it is any different than most people blacking out Street Bob is already doing. Some like all black. Some like some contrast. You can easily make that Blackline a creation of your own. And it is the cheapest way to have a Softail.

Honestly, I love my Street Bob and all but if they would have offered that last summer, I would have bought it because I really wanted a Rocker but they are 20 grand.

Old 03-02-2011 | 08:13 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master

Have yet to see one. Think the motor is killer looking. Liking the non highlighted fins, black cylinders, silver heads, and I think black rocker boxes from the photos I've seen. Can't beat the black rims either.

Old 03-02-2011 | 09:18 PM
mgg126x
Advanced

They arent bad but the gloss black scratches like none other. You can drop a microfiber cloth on it and it will scratch.

Old 03-02-2011 | 09:22 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

There are some things I like about it but I think they missed on some things as well.

Would like to see one that someone has done some mods to.

Old 03-02-2011 | 09:52 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior

As I stated in another thread. I am a dyna guy, but... this is the THE softail on my radar screen. Every other softail does little to grab my attention. I saw it in person and felt that it was a cool minimalistic motorcycle with an attitude, ie: badass.

So yes...I am a fan of the blackline. I think they nailed it for me. Are there little things I would change like bars, etc...? Of course, but thats how it is for any bike I would buy. Of the softails this one has most of what I would want right off the shelf. If I was to buy a softail this would definitely be the one.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 03-02-2011 | 10:28 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

I think it is ugly as hell even the dealer hates it he was forced to stock one or we woulden`t have even ordered it it looks like bicycling handlebars it a bigger stripped down sportster

Old 03-02-2011 | 10:48 PM
norris
Cruiser

The black one doesn't look bad, but my dealer has one in the two-tone orange and black. I saw it when it came off of the truck and just put together. I thought it also looked cheap. When I saw it I hadn't heard about it yet. I asked the salesman if they where going after the sporty crowd as a buyer. lol

Old 03-05-2011 | 12:32 AM
|V|egaman
|
Intermediate

I think the black triple trees look pretty bad ***. I was even thinking about getting them for my bike after I get an exhaust and a corbin seat

Old 03-05-2011 | 01:54 AM
BlackhawkDriver
Tourer

I'm not a big fan. Just kinda looks a little hodge-podged together to me. But I haven't seen one in person yet so i can't be entirely sure.

Quick Reply: Blackline softail