Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackline softail

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I like all of the black on it....
Dont like the console/dash on it....or the bars....
Put standar top triple tree and apes on it and a set of shotgun pipes....And it would look great....

Old 03-02-2011, 10:11 AM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I read in the HOG magazine that they are trying to market it to the dyna folks... and when I first saw it it looked like they took the front end and rear fender from the dyna and plugged it on to a softail frame. So guess they hit their mark on that... Not sure why they are plugging such a small tire on the back since a lot of dyna folks are moving toward bigger back tires. So agree if they put a 180-200 on the back they might get a bigger audience. Overall it is a nice looking bike, but not one I'm giving mine up for hahaha

Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by KentFXD
And it looks like the ignition is moved to the universally hated fork lock position -- probably will generate the same kind of "how Do I get my ignition switch back to the tank?" articles you now see for the StreetBob!
If my memory serves me correctly it's on the grenade coil like the Rocker's.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Me personally if your a softail guy it could be a good canvas. however it looks like a bastard mix between the night train and the wide glide. i prefer the Dyna myself. it has potential thats for sure. But just seems lacking.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:56 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its harley's way of making a cheap bike.sales are way down last year and no way does it replace the nightrain

Old 03-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHIEMACK
Its harley's way of making a cheap bike.sales are way down last year and no way does it replace the nightrain
Agreed about the nightrain, however they didnt put a cheap sticker price on this sucker.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Saw it when it was unveiled at the NYC bike show in January. I thought it looked real good, and felt pretty comfortable when you sat on it.

To me, a bunch of the models in recent years looks like the HD designers reached into the parts bin (sometimes blind folded?) and cobbled together a bunch of mismatched parts and made a "new" bike.

This one at least had a nice style and flow to it.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Warrior Redleg
Agreed about the nightrain, however they didnt put a cheap sticker price on this sucker.
Cheap is realitive. This is the cheapest Softail you can buy.

Like others have said the rear tire gets me. 140 is pretty narrow. I got a chance to sit on one last weekend and the bars feel VERY narrow. It reminded me of the drag bars I have on my Sportie. Like the wider bars of my WG.

Other than those two gripes, I'd own one. Probably the only Softail I would consider buying right now. Never been a big fan of most of the fenders they put on them.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Basic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a big fan of the Blackline....but it is a good platform for modification. I will take my Street Bob and the few grand I save over the Blackline.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:05 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I like it. Great platform for extra customization, which is what Harley's are all about in the first place.

It's supposed to look old school. A narrow rear tire is old school.

I don't know why people get bent out of shape over details like tire width. You know you're already going to dump a ton of $$$ into a new bike...swapping out the rear wheel/tire shouldn't be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

Quick Reply: Blackline softail