General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona lodging

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shore
mims is no where near iron horse saloon...they screwed up calling the fire that. Confuses people.
Yea all the news stations didn't pick up on it, but here is how the fire got named.

A division of Forestry employee who had plans to go to the Iron Horse Saloon for the Weekend first saw the smoke of the fire when it started on Monday and told his boss he was afraid it was going to mess up his plans for Iron Horse. His boss started calling the fire The Iron Horse Fire and it stuck.

True Story, you can find it if you google it around some.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:43 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by CoyoteMoss
Have the exact same situation, won't know if I can go until wed 9th. Never been. Think I can search for room wednesday and get reservations, but then think I might come out cheaper just finding a random place?? Some good info here, but still have concerns about getting stuck in hours of traffic on my bike and getting there with no place to sleep.
Coyote, think I it figured out here s to last minute lodging. Gonna stay in St Augustine. Tons of low priced room, no surprises, Only go back to the room to sleep and whats an hour ride between to two places. But if your planning on much drink, might not work.

Still up in the air with the weather. Rt now we got 3 to 5 inches coming down. To warm up in a day or so but chance of rain thursday morning when is my window to leave. Guess we'll see.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 PM
CoyoteMoss
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rainy Days Work

Good advice/info. I just got things sorted out - good project for rainy day. I will be able to go this year, for the first time. Due to bad weather on thursday, I am riding down on wednesday- hope bad weather does not arrive early. Driving down to Daytona not a problem. Just scored reservations at the Best Western @ I-95 and Hwy 16 St. Augustine. (Coite Moss-if your in the area) Hope all works out for you. Drinking? Is that a dry county or do you mean no bars at the hotels?

Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by CoyoteMoss
Good advice/info. I just got things sorted out - good project for rainy day. I will be able to go this year, for the first time. Due to bad weather on thursday, I am riding down on wednesday- hope bad weather does not arrive early. Driving down to Daytona not a problem. Just scored reservations at the Best Western @ I-95 and Hwy 16 St. Augustine. (Coite Moss-if your in the area) Hope all works out for you. Drinking? Is that a dry county or do you mean no bars at the hotels?
As to the drinking, just meant if ya wanted to do much drinking in the Dayton area, wouldnt be a good idea to have to ride back to a room in St Augustine. Good deal with the Best Western.