Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I did something stupid yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Jallie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is 120mph your HD bike sound barrier ?

accelerate beyond 125mph on short distance (and not so soften !!!) was the thing I loved before

cruising is the thing a prefer do now :yes:

Last edited by Jallie; 03-02-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 AM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like you fell victim of what I like to call "testosterone poisoning". Symptoms include saying things like, "Hold my beer and watch this!" and/or frequent emergency room visits.

Seriously...glad you were not hurt...sounds like you realize that was not the "smartest" thing to do and DO NOT tell the wife!

Old 03-02-2011, 01:41 PM
bra$$monkey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone mentioned earlier about the imortal ones on the crotch rockets doing 90. They really arrent imortal, they just get replaced really fast. You never see them wreck because theres nothing left after a 150mph crash but a VEEEERRRRRYYYY long skid.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

Had similar incident last summer, numerous lights, stopped at one, young lady in a small convert, Honda Prelude, I think,any way, it was two lanes, light turned, we took off together, she decides she is going to leave in her exhaust, WRONG, I stay with her, now she is on my right, so the pipes are speaking their tune. Next light, dont directly at her, but can see she is agitated and racing the engine, light turns, here we go again. Each time we shifted together but I managed to stay in front. At this point my wife is beating the tar out of me, so I look at the driver, tipped my hat and jumped on the throttle, the car pulled off. Did I have fun......absolutely, did I endanger my wife and I .....well yes, did I break the law, sure as hell, probably was doing 60 between lights, but man what a blast. The next time I will make sure my wife is not with me. Glad you had a ball and did not get hurt. It is all riding a bike.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:56 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by IED Bait
Okay, I am here to bare my soul. Yesterday while out for a nice long ride I was making my way home when I had to stop for a traffic light. Since the road after was about 1 mile of straight away, I decided to open my Fat Boy up one last time before turning into my neighborhood. I got off to a great start, when I realized that I was not alone. A Mercedes Benz had pulled up along side and started to challenge me. Like a fool, I decided to accept the challenge and increased my speed. This guy kept up with me, so I pulled ahead some more. Before long I was well over 100 MPH in 6th gear with traffic stopped up ahead. At the last minute, I pulled up and let him move ahead to his "victory". I bought my Harley because I just wanted to cruise and not race, but my ego got the best of me. I realize I am damn lucky I did not lose control and end up as a pavement stain. I could not tell me wife lest she start getting concerned when I ride. Okay, that's my story, let me have it.
by chance does your wife drive a mercedes...just saying!!!

Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m with the other poster wondering why 6th gear?
I’ve run two cars……one was a Jag XJR = 400+ horsepower……. I know my scooter isn’t ‘fast’, but I was actually pretty surprised to see the Jag keep up so well. Didn’t realize until I looked it up later those things are such beasts. We just ran up to about 70mph or so from a roll……..
The other was a Bentley GT with some young guys in it…… I was at a light and of course checked out the Bentley (few and far between around here)….. I racked my pipes a bit, but wasn’t baiting them to race really……I start off at the light and what do you know – the guy romps on his 550hp Bentley and it didn’t turn the tires over – it just sorta raised up and jetted……. Actually held him off to the next light that wasn’t far. Totally shocked though……..my scooter isn’t very fast. LOL
Then one time a Z06 tried to run me on the highway – and I just let him nail it at highway speed….. no way I wanted any of that.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:45 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Nah! everybody on here has prob done that to one degree or another

Example; I had an 09 VRod. Dude on a "built" bagger pulls up looks over and says
"cute" bike! He revs that bagger up lite turns green he does a giant wheelie and wham
the V passes his bagger at a little over 92mph in second gear - traffic everywhere - thank God for BREMBO brakes!!I let off to let him catch up - he turned right - so long built bagger

Moral: that's why I traded for a 2010 Road King - Man you want fast get a V they'll smoke almost anything that 10,000 rev limiter that V had is a lotta fun but not for cruising

Last edited by 10 RED RK; 03-02-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:00 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by mike in dallas
by chance does your wife drive a mercedes...just saying!!!
No, down deep inside she wanted me to beat the Honda, just would not tell me at the time. Now mind you I am retired I repeat RETIRED LEO, so I dont give a rat's a-- anymore. I would have given both the biker and the car a ticket. LOL

Old 03-02-2011, 05:10 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcgray2
You made me squirt milk out of my nose... That was some funny chit right there.
Milk?

Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 PM
justanotherjim
Road Master

Location: kingman AZ. We aren't in hell, but you can see it from here!!!
Received 62 Likes on 21 Posts

no blood, no foul!

Quick Reply: I did something stupid yesterday!