General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boston Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
I drove thru Boston years ago
and from what I remember partied in the combat zone

Driving there is definitely an experience almost like NYC

1* THose were the days, I thinlk the glass sliper is still around but it has been years, I just have not heard anyone to refer to that part of town as the combat zone in a while. Man how times change. rode my bike in NYC once, only once, talk about being on your toes!! Latuh!

Old 02-26-2011, 07:30 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you're going to be working at Devens, make sure you take the 15-20 minute ride to American Harley Davidson in Leominster. Phil, the owner, and his staff will do right by you. Great shop to do business with!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Come on down to South Eastern Ma, good riding in Lakeville, Rochester , take all the back roads right down to the Cape... if your cool the cops are cool no one goes out of there way to hassle bikers just make sure your to legit to quit, sticker , license, etc...

Very small state but good biker community and last spring- summer was great for riding been a rough winter so we are dying for some---- wicked pissa sunny weather.....

We can get some quahogs, clam chowder, clam cakes, fried clams and ride ....Rhode Island to Ct is a great ride as well...

Old 02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Come on down to South Eastern Ma, good riding in Lakeville, Rochester , take all the back roads right down to the Cape... if your cool the cops are cool no one goes out of there way to hassle bikers just make sure your to legit to quit, sticker , license, etc...

Very small state but good biker community and last spring- summer was great for riding been a rough winter so we are dying for some---- wicked pissa sunny weather.....

We can get some quahogs, clam chowder, clam cakes, fried clams and ride ....Rhode Island to Ct is a great ride as well...
I live and worked in New England (Electric Boat/weldor). It is a great place to ride. Stay off route 1 during the summer. That is tourist country.
what nick@nite states is true

Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 PM
recon7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

Thanks so much for all the info and invites. I am excited to be moving to the neighborhood!

Kevin

Old 02-27-2011, 06:58 AM
doctorharrison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boston info

Nicest dealership in the area is Paramount HD in Framingham and is luckily one of the closest to you. Great guys dedicated to good honest customer service.

Boston Harley in Everett has gone through three ownerships (bought by Rossmeyer, and lately now part of Seacoast HD out of NH, too new to know but their NH operation is good).

A great indy very close to Arlington is Baystate MC Repair in Waltham. Bobby is topnotch. On the off chance you need a seat rebuild, All-Nu Upholstery in Revere is where to go.

Great rides around the Quabbin Reservoir, Route 2 as previously mentioned, Route 9, but only west of Worcester (pronounced wuh-ster). Route 100 north/south thru Vermont goes up to Burlington and Lake Champlain.

You can push the riding season from the third week of March (please (!) wait until several Spring rains have flushed the road salt dust away) until Thanksgiving if you've got leathers. Summers are gorgeous and nothing like the searing heat you're leaving. Used to be an infrequent police stop in Sterling for loud pipes but uncertain if that's current info. Definitely clamping down on pipes in Boston's North End which is a god-awful change but understandable.

Winter sucks. Gun laws are amongst the worst in the nation.

Ride Safe

Last edited by doctorharrison; 02-27-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:26 AM
hfd13
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JAKE 2544
Kevin, I live in ayer so when you arrive and are ready for some riding get in touch. Although the season is much shorter,there is plenty of good riding to do. I would not even consider renting in fitchburg. Consider Shirley,ayer, littleton, or the Acton area. Concord and Lincoln areas are very expensive. Any questions let me know.
Bob
Kevin i live in Harverd and agree with Bob rental prices are better alittle west of Bedford/Lexington area. As for riding dont worry lots of it here. Dealers i like is American Harley in Leominster, its 15 minutes from Here. John in service is great and Nick in parts has always taken good care of me. Kelly's harley in Billerica not so much they just seem to be out for a buck. JMO. Any how hope to see you up here, ride safe.
Rob

Old 02-27-2011, 09:47 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
I live and worked in New England (Electric Boat/weldor). It is a great place to ride. Stay off route 1 during the summer. That is tourist country.
what nick@nite states is true
Watch out for those EB guys especially welders.....lol

Old 02-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Danall
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Boston Area riding

Everything has a trade off: you are giving up 12 months of flat land, hot boring riding for maybe 7-8 months of absouletly beautiful riding, plenty of back road curves and hills. If you just point yourself west or north you will be in great riding areas including NH, ME and Vt.
They will stop you in some areas for loud pipes, no need for loud pipes here anyway, there is enough noise with the traffic.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:58 PM
recon7
Cruiser

Guys,

Thanks for all of the info! Looking forward to the move and hopefully meeting up for some rides!

Kevin

Quick Reply: Boston Area