General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the one thing you'll never try again on a bike??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,660 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by pcbertsch
There are no words to express my agreement with this.
Originally Posted by PFWiz
Isn't that the name of this thread? The one thing I will never do again?

Same as above.

I am not bragging...
It was a wrong, bad choice on my part. Something I would never do again under any circumstances. Something I haven't done again for 25 years...

If you never did anything stupid or dangerous to you or others then I salute you. I, on the other hand have made some mistakes in life, but I learned from them and now make better choices. If thats not good enough for you, too bad. I don't live my life to please you....
Pay no attention to those who have done no wrong. They are either full of chit, or scared. Neither is very impressive.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
DEGRider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I jumped a curb on a curve and went airborne. Totaled the bike took out a phone ped and was down for several weeks and without two wheels for almost 9 month.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 PM
purestockracer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once bought several stamps from a total stranger at a Rolling Stones concert in D.C. one night, & well , that's enough, we'll just leave it at that. As far as on a motorcycle, Jim Beam convinced me one warm summer evening , that I would be totally safe to do a burn-out all the way across a 7-11 parking lot, turned out that old Jim was wrong !!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:31 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Duracell
Pay no attention to those who have done no wrong. They are either full of chit, or scared. Neither is very impressive.
scared of what?? i have done plenty wrong, but never raced through the streets and sidewalks on an 1100 cc motorbike while pissed, interesting you condone that behaviour? that is neither a mistake or just something stupid,that is total disregard for everyone around you, i have cut people off etc but never endangered countless lives??
he also didnt say he wouldnt do it again! he said he wouldnt do it again on a bike!!(check his first post)
i have failed to put kick stand down!!

Last edited by kiwideuce; 02-24-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Turbo Flux
Tourer

Originally Posted by kiwideuce
scared of what?? i have done plenty wrong, but never raced through the streets and sidewalks on an 1100 cc motorbike while pissed, interesting you condone that behaviour? that is neither a mistake or just something stupid,that is total disregard for everyone around you, i have cut people off etc but never endangered countless lives??
he also didnt say he wouldnt do it again! he said he wouldnt do it again on a bike!!(check his first post)
Let's all post "the one thing you'll NEVER try again"...except for you guys who did something REALLY bad on a bike! But who can we get to judge the REALLY bad stuff?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Doing stupid **** on a motorcycle makes life worth living. I have done and will continue to do all the dumb **** I've done in the past and will try to "one-up" it. Whine cry moan bitch complain. If anyone is gonna buy the farm from my antics it'll be me. Might make a dent in someone's SUV but it's me who'll be dead. No apologies.

Last edited by Mr. Wannabe; 02-24-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

While we're pissing people off. Around 9 or 10 years ago, I rode home from the bar with a good buzz on....Only to find the bitch my ex was sleeping with on my couch! He was up in the bed & I told him I wanted her out NOW. He refused to kick her out. I hit I-10 at 90 mph. Tears rolling & mad as hell. Thankfully, I made it back to the bar alive, where a dear friend shut me down for the night & gave me a place to crash. (That same friend was killed on my bike less than a year later.)

Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Rowdy
Doing stupid **** on a motorcycle makes life worth living. I have done and will continue to do all the dumb **** I've done in the past and will try to "one-up" it. Whine cry moan bitch complain. If anyone is gonna buy the farm from my antics it'll be me. Might make a dent in someone's SUV but it's me who'll be dead. No apologies.
maybe you will live and someone else will die, ask billy lane

Old 02-24-2011, 10:04 PM
da_juice
Intermediate

I think you are turning this thread into something it wasn't meant to be.
When I started it, I had a more comical angle in mind, but people reflecting back on their mistakes and realizing them is also a good approach to the discussion.
He said it was 25 years ago or in any case a while ago.

You can start a new thread inviting people to share their wrong doings and I'd be curious to see how many posts you get.

The kick stand, even though common, is a weak attempt to stay on topic.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe you will live and someone else will die, ask billy lane
Billy Lane was driving a truck. Had he been on the scooter I would suspect things would have turned out differently. Anyhow, suppose you might spread your Herpes along to some unsuspecting church goer. That would be unfortunate.

Quick Reply: What's the one thing you'll never try again on a bike??