General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the one thing you'll never try again on a bike??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

170ish on my 2006 Hayabusa down a Wyoming highway. Antelope steps up on roadway and I couldn't do anything about it. When I went by him, my right mirror knocked dust off his whiskers. If he would have taken one more step, I would have hit him square in the head with my windscreen and wouldn't be here to type this. Sold the busa, Fatbob won't do more than 105, so I'm good.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:28 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Duracell
Pay no attention to those who have done no wrong. They are either full of chit, or scared. Neither is very impressive.
Addition to my sig. Thanks.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM
vaham
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Slim_B_Kool
..../.... I got bike up to 140mph and the wind ripped my chaps off. They were flapping like two flags in the wind behind me. So I slowed it down and stopped fixed the chaps and aint gonna try that again. ...../.....

It's those pesky assless chaps again !!!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:57 PM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,069 Likes on 701 Posts

So, many moons ago...I'm sitting at this bar and the bar phone rings, turns out its for me. My girl says theres going to be some serious Fuc*in' going on soon and if I want to be part of it I better get my happy as* over there. Mind you I was not drunk one beer in about an hour and a half. So I grab my chit jump on the ol' ya-ma-ham-a 650 and take off. Just as I get out of town the head light go's south. As I pass the one fricken' intersection I got to worry about two chics in a car decide to roll through the stop sign. I flew by the front of the car so close, even at night I could tell they were Oriental.
I'll neVer do that again.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Dragon Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got ripped and couldn't put my feet down. About 4 mile across post and drug my feet the last 1/4 mile. Never again, got ripped at home from then, till I stopped doing that chit.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:02 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,077 Likes on 17,941 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Rowdy
Doing stupid **** on a motorcycle makes life worth living. I have done and will continue to do all the dumb **** I've done in the past and will try to "one-up" it. Whine cry moan bitch complain. If anyone is gonna buy the farm from my antics it'll be me. Might make a dent in someone's SUV but it's me who'll be dead. No apologies.

Yep , If you ride there's always going to be one more big dumb *** moment that was just too fun not too . Getting older does give you a little better perspective on possible outcomes that's about it .

Old 02-25-2011, 03:04 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,710 Likes on 1,529 Posts
Arrow The Devil made me do it

Spent an afternoon at Devil's Tower during Sturgis, did some Mescaline and rode 700 miles home stopping only for gas & food. I ran out of gas near Al's Oasis (Chamberlain,SD) and had to push the bike into a gas station.

I promise not to ever do that again!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,660 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Dub
Addition to my sig. Thanks.
Just call 'em like I see 'em.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:49 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwideuce
scared of what?? i have done plenty wrong, but never raced through the streets and sidewalks on an 1100 cc motorbike while pissed, interesting you condone that behaviour? that is neither a mistake or just something stupid,that is total disregard for everyone around you, i have cut people off etc but never endangered countless lives??
he also didn't say he wouldn't do it again! he said he wouldn't do it again on a bike!!(check his first post)
i have failed to put kick stand down!!
Your right, I never said I wouldn't do it again in a car.... (I also didn't promise not to do it on a bulldozer!)
Of course I never did it a first time in a car...
therefore it would be impossible for me to never do it again in a car...

The real answer is I don't drive drunk anymore... not for 25 plus years...
I have a beautiful wife and 2 fine kids who like having me around...
Now days if you see me having more than 2 drinks you can be sure someone else is driving.

If that's not good enough for you, I invite you travel 25 years into the past to the day I did this and beat the heck out of my former self.

Let me know how that works out...

Old 02-25-2011, 05:29 AM
MJR28
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Isn't that the name of this thread? The one thing I will never do again?

Same as above.

I am not bragging...
It was a wrong, bad choice on my part. Something I would never do again under any circumstances. Something I haven't done again for 25 years...

If you never did anything stupid or dangerous to you or others then I salute you. I, on the other hand have made some mistakes in life, but I learned from them and now make better choices. If thats not good enough for you, too bad. I don't live my life to please you....
When I saw those rebukes I thought the same thing as you. It was 25 years ago. You only get that for murder most times. There's some harsh and pious critics here. Re=post in 5 years time. All could be forgiven by then.

Quick Reply: What's the one thing you'll never try again on a bike??