Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeHat
If you dudes,yeah still say that too,like your flat black paint, woopy doo,say dat too, i really dont give a rats hat. All i was saying is HD shouldnt charge a premium for paint because its popular. Check out the accessories, alot of chrome stuff costs less than the painted black. Believe me, im not haten on the black, i have 2 black bikes and 3 black cars, just a little brighter. Almost went with the Sedona Orange on the FatBob but thought i might get tired of it.
To be honest, I agree with the not wanting to pay extra. I didn't. However, go to a car dealership. Been like that for years and years. Go to an automotive paint supply store. Check the difference in prices for different colors within the same paint system. You might even learn a thing or two that would reinforce your position, such as the fact that black is one of the least expensive colors to buy. It used to be any how.

I still doubt you even own a bike and give your own hats away!

Last edited by Ratster; 02-24-2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: I'll keep my hats, thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

and I thought there was no such think as a stupid question!!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Mathews
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the question?? OH YA..PAINT....I think I love denim and gloss...I dont get it . Why does one call it crappy..I understand some dont like denim but try not to let it get you down... just saying

Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 PM
JoeHat
Advanced

OK, crappy was a bit harsh, didnt mean the finish on the Black Denim bikes was a crap paintjob, just black or grey primer in general. seeing some of the other colors in the denim finish as HD calls it look pretty good. Blue etc. And ive owned alot of bikes since i was 16, never been without one. Will post some pics of my new FatBob (Black) soon. Why would someone waste time on a Forum if they didnt ride?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:32 AM
VA Biker
Tourer

OK, crappy was a bit harsh, didnt mean the finish on the Black Denim bikes was a crap paintjob, just black or grey primer in general. seeing some of the other colors in the denim finish as HD calls it look pretty good. Blue etc. And ive owned alot of bikes since i was 16, never been without one. Will post some pics of my new FatBob (Black) soon. Why would someone waste time on a Forum if they didnt ride?

I spent a couple of years surfing the forums when I was trying to decide what Harley I wanted. (I didnt have a bike). The first time I saw a Fat Bob it was parked outside of the dealer. I saw it from the road . I saw the dual healight and thought someone had traided a Triumph or something. When I got closer I could see what I thought was the coolest looking Harley I had ever seen (in black denim). I thought I would buy one of those but I bet its 20k or something. It was 15k. I saved and paid my truck off early, it took me 2 years but I got one.

What the heck ,sorry I seemed to be babbling, I just took a 5 hour energy. LOL

Old 02-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Joe477
Tourer

Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happens all the time. It's called trolling. Need to borrow a camera?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by lp johnny
I like the denim paint...easy to take care of
Great choice for a bike that gets ridden a lot..as it does not require as much fuss to keep it lookin good
kind of hot rod cool
Right there with you on that. I ride mine alot and plan to go from the beautiful, two-tone paint job to denim black. Easy to clean = more time riding. The only thing I know about "wack" is what I do with my pee-pee.
But I am certifiable, if thats what you mean.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mpglide
The silver denim is cool also
Hey, when you're right, you're right!! I love my brilliant silver denim paint. And I think I like the pewter even better. Chrome goes so well with them, as Piginablanket has helped me prove.

If you dudes,yeah still say that too,like your flat black paint, woopy doo,say dat too, i really dont give a rats hat. All i was saying is HD shouldnt charge a premium for paint because its popular. Check out the accessories, alot of chrome stuff costs less than the painted black. Believe me, im not haten on the black, i have 2 black bikes and 3 black cars, just a little brighter. Almost went with the Sedona Orange on the FatBob but thought i might get tired of it.
So 3 cars and 2 bikes huh? No evidence posted of any of it huh? Where I come from we call that trolling. I hear they call it that here on hdforums too.

Harley charges extra for all of their colors besides vivid black. That's how it works. You buy basic black, or you pay more for an optional color.

I personally went with the contrasting chrome/black accessories and denim tins, and I'm happy I did. I also love to check out all the blacked out bikes. I think Harley hit a gold mine when they introduced the denim colors. That maroon denim and dark blue denim from a few years ago were awesome!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I think the Demin colors grow on ya after time and black motor added to the older SB's so I bought one. The SB gets a lot of attention without a lot of time spent cleaning and polishing.

Then just so as not to be a Wack Job I have the PC 98 Sinister Blue.

And the 98 Vivid Black.

Funny how the latter two take a lot more time to clean and polish before and after a ride.

Karsten.

Quick Reply: Black Denim Paint?