General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
saltylilac
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, dealer told me the same...fading is expected and normal. Perhaps preferred.

My '10 Fat Bob still looks "unfaded" after 5k, but they were cloudy miles. Be curious if someone with a bike in a sunny climate has experience otherwise.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball
I've never ONCE had someone come up to me and say "nice primered Harley. When you get around to painting it, what color are you going with?"

It's a love-it or hate-it paint I guess. I love it, especially on my Night Train.

I had someone say this to me once. "when are you going to get it painted?" Idiot.

I love my paint cause it's easy to maintain. Sometimes I miss the shiny though.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Cola Harley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by monkey sammich
I kinda like the denim, but I'd like to see something other than black. I'd love to see a maroon or forest green denim.

I've heard there's some issues with maintaining the paint, but I don't know about that. You won't see me running out to spay any of it on my Ultra,though.
Id like to see a dark orange denim.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,556 Likes on 2,503 Posts

Don't like denim paint OR the blacked out look--too trendy & overdone,like giving your kid a last name for a first name. Everybody's been there & doing that.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VA Biker
HOLLY CRAP LOOK AT COWPOKEY"S AVITAR)
I can't, I get transfixed and can't seem to do anything else for at least an hour.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 AM
JoeHat
Advanced

Looks like i struck some nerves, I love black cars and bikes, just dont have any in primer. I was mainly saying HD is charging a premium for a paint job that shouldnt be. Even the salesman admitted it was the hot seller. Something about people watching too much Sons Of Anarchy or sumtin?

Old 02-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AssHat
Looks like i struck some nerves, I love black cars and bikes, just dont have any in primer. I was mainly saying HD is charging a premium for a paint job that shouldnt be. Even the salesman admitted it was the hot seller. Something about people watching too much Sons Of Anarchy or sumtin?
I seriously doubt you own a bike at all. Funny how the majority of denim bikes out there were bought before that silly TV show you watch even aired. I was also fortunate enough not to pay extra for it. Just sayin'...

Last edited by Ratster; 02-23-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:24 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,274 Likes on 2,494 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeHat
got nothing to do with soa. the denim paint has been out longer than the show has been on.....

personally, i like my primered... i mean denim black road glide. takes me just a few minutes to clean it up and keep it looking good. so long to those 3 hrs to wax it. a little windex, maybe just a touch of chrome polish for the rocker box covers and i'm back on the road.

Originally Posted by mrfikser
I remember when they first came out with the denim paints...I was talking with the dealer and he said something along the line of the reason they call it denim is because it changes with time and wear...like where your legs rub the sides of the tank the denim paint will become aged looking...is there any truth to that?? I kind of thought the salesman was full of crap at the time..
yes, that is true. however, i've had my bike for almost a year, have 13,000 miles on it, and the paint still looks new.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dickey
Don't like denim paint OR the blacked out look--too trendy & overdone,like giving your kid a last name for a first name. Everybody's been there & doing that.
Yet chroming everything that isn't painted to look like it's a foot deep isn't? I'm going to have to try that since nobody has done it yet.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Black Ice
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Black Ice Denim. Color changes with different lighting. Easy to clean.

Quick Reply: Black Denim Paint?