General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checkpoints!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
That's what I thought he meant.
Buy the way- A.C.L.U. stands for American CIVIL liberties Union.
And you wonder why people hate you.
Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm. I was being sarcastic for gawds sake. BTW, it's "By the way". I could buy the way but we had very few toll roads out here.

As long as I can look myself in mirror and my family has my back.... "People" can think whatever they want to about me.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

-----------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Thanks for the spelling lesson. I do not believe you were being sarcastic, I think we got a glimpse into how some meat heads think. Hard to believe that a right honorable person like Stro has to share a profession with the likes of you.
And people who voted for our current president do get to complain because this is still America.

most of the people i know think the same thing of the aclu.... are you saying i'm a meat head too?

in my opinion, people who voted, get to complain (regardless of who you voted for), but if you couldn't get off your lazy *** to vote, then you have 0 right to complain, you got what you asked for.....

Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,868 Likes on 976 Posts

Originally Posted by BBStacker
That was an era when if you looked at cop cockeyed you got tuned up. Ya know? 5 from the sky, saps, hickory batons, sap gloves. It was a time when the law was what that said it was at that point in time and place. A time when some LEO's(notice I said some) would instigate a fight just so they could arrest you.

It pre Rodney King, video recorders, cell phones etc. It was also before the ACLU aka American Criminal Liberties Union had a strangle hold on law enforcement.

On another less violent note, Stro, I really wish I had the opportunity to hit the bricks with you. You have shown more patiences than a lot of my former brothers would have by now. Stay safe!
What a horse's ***, and a total embarrassment to the professionals that work in law enforcement. Maybe you could take a lesson from Stro, and try to conduct yourself accordingly.

I'm with Zig Zag...I don't detect the slightest bit of sarcasm in your post. You're the exact type of cop I was referring to earlier in this thread. The kind of guy that has an Napoleon complex or other feelings of inadequacy, that is compelled to assert his authority and dominance over any citizen that dares to question his methods, or knowledge of the law. I'll bet you really love "motorcycle only" checkpoints...an endless supply of dirty, criminal bikers to harass and cite for those dangerous loud pipes and vertical license plates.

BTW, if you're going to take up the "grammar/spelling police" job on this forum, you might want to start by policing your own post (patience vs patiences).

Old 02-23-2011, 05:29 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the spelling lesson. I do not believe you were being sarcastic,<---A period goes here. This is a different thought/statement.-----> I think we got a glimpse into how some meat<---These 2(two) words form a compound word.---> heads think. Hard to believe that a right honorable person like Stro has to share a profession with the likes of you.
And people who voted for our current president do get to complain because this is still America.
Wow. Now as per usual it has come down to name calling. Really??

I know it's America. Sorta kinda dedicated 30+ years of my life & took a bullet so you can sit behind your keyboard and show you lack of spelling/grammar knowledge. Just a guess but I would imagine there are night schools you could attend to solve those problems. Not the spelling/grammar police just thought since you consider yourself educated you can do better.

Thanks for playing. I'm done with you now. Ride safe, have a great life.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

-----------------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

--------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:37 AM
remike
Road Master

Care to explain what you are talking about?
I am talking about the time when police admin finally got tired of foot patrol cops being shot in the back, patrol officers getting jumped by passengers hidden in the back seat during a routine traffic stop, ambushed when responding to domestic violence call and blasted with a shot gun after pursuing a shoplifter into the basement of an abandoned house (obviously set up).

Not quite the way BBstacker described it. The mantra was take back the streets....

Old 02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
noridinsavage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well these are about to start here in Georgia, we will see what happens with em. I don't really agree with being singled out though!

Quick Reply: Checkpoints!