General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checkpoints!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
There ya go nytryder! Call out for violence against the police! That'll help!
SIMPLY GENIOUS...idiot.
Yep, great way to prove you're one of the 'good' cops we the people want on our streets. I bet you say that to all the guys.

The only 'idiot' here, is you, since you completely missed the point. It's the 'bad' cops that need the beat downs. The 'bad' politicians. The 'bad' bosses. Did that help you understand any better?

Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by tar_snake
Yep, great way to prove you're one of the 'good' cops we the people want on our streets. I bet you say that to all the guys.

The only 'idiot' here, is you, since you completely missed the point. It's the 'bad' cops that need the beat downs. The 'bad' politicians. The 'bad' bosses. Did that help you understand any better?
Are you advocating violence against the police too? Or were you offended that I used the work "idiot"? You should hear me in person. I think I'm done with you Tar Snake, and I think you may very well be an idiot too.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:48 AM
spiker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give me a break! We are not, and will never be, **** Germany. Police officers need to enforce all laws, not just the ones they find righteous. It's not a pick and choose profession, you can either do it or you can't. That doesn't mean that the officer can't have personal opinions or even be politically active while off duty, it just means that he must remain impartial and fair while on duty. Much like the military, if a police officer is given an order that he believes is illegal, he cannot follow it.

And no one, certainly not me, has said anywhere in this thread that they think that everything the Supreme Court has ever done was "just". But it is, for now anyway, the law of the land. When it changes, we all change our ways with it. This is the government that our founding fathers built for us. Maybe you'd build a better system? Do away with the entire judicial branch?

Let me know when all you "patriots" are getting together to overthrow our government...I'll be there to defend it.
Typical cop mentality,imputing motives.No sir,I want to live peacefully with everyone and I'll wait for the One who is coming down to make things right.You want to fight against Him,have at it.You won't be alone.

Last edited by spiker; 02-21-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:49 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

And because the majority supports his ideas he must be right? That's OK, I'm used to being in the minority.
The problem you seem to be having with that viewpoint though, is, that because you're a LEO, you feel that that power makes you more right than *everyone* else. I suppose the minority of voters should be the ones who get the people they voted for into office instead of the other way around, right?

Old 02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

And yet another **** Germany reference!

Look, how many times do I need to say this??? Whether or not I agree or disagree with checkpoints is irrelevant. They are currently legal. Are you suggesting that, if I happen to disagree with them, I should refuse to partake and get fired? Or just take a stand and resign on principle?

When you and your friends get the Supreme Court to see things your way I will applaud you for your efforts, it's one less thing I'll need to concern myself with. In the meantime, maybe I'll see you roadside.
It all starts with one little goosstep from those who have no principles or are too afraid to speak out against what they know is wrong. Where do you think we'd be now if our forefathers *didn't* stand and refuse on principle?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you advocating violence against the police too? Or were you offended that I used the work "idiot"? You should hear me in person. I think I'm done with you Tar Snake, and I think you may very well be an idiot too.
What the **** ever happened to debate with out resorting to name calling?
Seems were locked into the third grade thought process and have a very childish need to call some one names. WTF FTFF

Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm well spent a fair amount of time reading this. So...yes, I am an ex-LEO. My feelings about checkpoints is mixed. I don't have any problem with scouring for drunk drivers...personally I think if you drive drunk you should be nailed to the floorboards as hard as possible. Guess my feelings are the result of seeing way to many people killed in accidents, and more often than not (other LEO's or Ex-LEO's feel free to agree or not) it is usually the drunk who ends up with no or minor injuries and the unfortunate others in the accident that end up DOA or severely injured. I have absolutely no sympathy for you if you drive under the influence.

As far as checkpoints targeted at motorcycles? Yes...it is legal. No, I don't like it (and please note I live in Georgia now), but I also realize that sitting here on a computer and whining won't change the legality of it.

If you want it changed then you need to get active with your lawmakers. Will it do any good? Who knows....but I do know that sitting here on a keyboard flinging insults at one another won't change anything.

As for the typical supporters of LEO's and those who can't stand them. I can see both sides. When I was in the business it was with a large city department in the Pacific Northwest. Did I see guys who didn't always play by the rules? Yes...I did, and while I certainly didn't run down to IAD and rat them out, I did address it with them 1 on 1. If you did something I didn't agree with on the street, then you and I had a personal conversation about it...and I made sure you understood where I was coming from. And I would expect nothing less from the other side.

Now...if it was criminal? Ask any decent LEO and they will tell you the thing they will tolerate the least is a dirty cop. I worked vice/narc for 2 years and during that time there were a couple of people who ended up in jail because of our efforts who were LEO's. I have no respect, nor do I have any mercy on an LEO who is over the line. But it is a job employing humans...and just like any other job who employs humans, you are going to find really good ones, average ones, and ones who have no business doing that job. It's life...get a grip. Not saying it's right...or fair, but until we get robots doing police work you are going to have that issue...just like any other job.

The other side of it is those who continually whine and cry over how unfair the police are. I am pretty much immune to it...after all as an LEO you are more often than not regarded at about the same level as pond scum, that is until you kid goes missing, or your car was stolen, your husband beat the crap out of you or your wife stuck a knife in you, or the neighbor's kid showed up on your doorstep because his parents beat the living daylights out him...then all of a sudden you are right around the level of a saint. I would love to see the people who continually whine and cry about the police actually do that job for a month or so. You might have a bit of a different perspective. And the comment about being tired of cops "lying to people" as a part of their job? Hey...we are allowed to deceive people in that job!!! You really thought police were never allowed to practice deceit as a part of investigative procedures? Wow...wake up.

Okay...done with my rant now...flame away boys and girls.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:49 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

You expect me to change my mind and, when I don't, you say it's because I'm a cop on a power trip. Where have you changed your mind? The difference between our point of views is that mine is based in law, yours is based in what you think is right.

Originally Posted by tar_snake
The problem you seem to be having with that viewpoint though, is, that because you're a LEO, you feel that that power makes you more right than *everyone* else. I suppose the minority of voters should be the ones who get the people they voted for into office instead of the other way around, right?

Old 02-21-2011, 01:05 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Tar snake old buddy you may wanna clue into the fact this is a LEO sponsored forum and I have seen peeps just disappear overnight for a lot less stink than your throwing at a known PD member , just a heads up .

Old 02-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--------------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Checkpoints!