General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all full face helmets now designed by Luke Skywalker these days?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:13 PM
ogh11756
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently bought a Nolan N90 modular ff helmet and it is by far the best i have ever owned.
it has smooth classic lines, great features, DOT certified, & very comfortable.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:54 PM
2010 Fatboy Lo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by will227457
it's this little thing called technology, while you were dozeing off for the last 14 years helmets are now lighter, stronger, more aerodynamic, safer, provide more visibility, flow air better, and look a lot cooler.

if you want a piece of crap brain bucket cruise ebay im sure you can pick something up for 10 bucks or so....
little hostile this afternoon, he just asked a question....

Old 02-18-2011, 08:59 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

Come on man, Luke Skywalker never designed a helmet. All those helmets were around long before he joined the Rebellion, everyone knows that.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:12 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the new style to a point, but the old styles are pretty easy to find at the big motorcycle megastores.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:13 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

I have had 3 full face lids over the years and i like my vader helmet the most

hjc makes a lot of "regular" ff lids. I would go to a yamaha dealership to shop for helmets. They usaully have a good selection. The sport bike guys take thier helmets real serios.

I wear an akuma phantom 2. I bought it because it is the lightest carbon fiber i have seen and it came with a photocromatic lens (they no longer come with this lense I dont no why) It is half the price of top end lids. It is noiser than others i have had and the inside pading is not a comfortable as a high end lid. I bought it because of the wieght and the shield. Between the light wieght and the Darth vader spoiler on the back the helmet feels stable at speeds which in turn makes my neck feels better after riding.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:31 AM
michaelm
Tourer

A 14-year old helmet is just a paperweight. Long since lost it's protective ability. Look at Shoei's new Qwest.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:48 AM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Fatboy Lo
little hostile this afternoon, he just asked a question....

Old 02-19-2011, 02:14 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

they all look terrible just pick one. i have a scorpion or something it was DOT and SNELL approved, whatever it is what it is, it looks like a futuristic extreme BS helmet. i only wear it if i'm doing a ton of freeway riding, it's cold, or going through the city and long island.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:59 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by will227457
it's this little thing called technology, while you were dozeing off for the last 14 years helmets are now lighter, stronger, more aerodynamic, safer, provide more visibility, flow air better, and look a lot cooler.
That seems to be the Consensus from these guys, anyhow.

To the rest of us, they look like some sci-fi nerds got a job in helmet making, with final design approval from their mothers.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:34 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelm
A 14-year old helmet is just a paperweight. Long since lost it's protective ability. Look at Shoei's new Qwest.
You know I just don't buy that. Never been down with that helmet, don't even remember dropping it and it's still in good shape cosmetically, few minor chips on flat black paint. I don't wear it all that often, but I went to use it last season and it's just that either my head is getting bigger (even with less hair) or I bought it too small and it took me 14 years to finally figure that out.

I don't have any reason to believe it would be compromised. I think a lot of that talk started from helmet manufacturers who want you to upgrade every few years.

Some here have said plain janes are still out there... I've seen a few possibilities online but even they seem to have larger uglier than sin air vents, etc. I'd like to find a shop that actually carries a few basic ones in the Bay Area if anyone has a tip.

Last edited by thealaskan; 02-19-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Are all full face helmets now designed by Luke Skywalker these days?