General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saw a lot of guys out riding today (was about 60 here)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011 | 08:22 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Resumed!

Back to riding every day to work and back (if not more) here in NJ. Won't ride if black ice is possible (depends on morning temps) and have to be REALLY careful of potholes, but, weather permitting -
I'M BACK!

Old 02-17-2011 | 09:05 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Where are you located? Lot of buddies here do thursday bike nites in Romeo, a great scene. We should get some HDForums guys from the area together, ya?
I'm in Redford, and work down in Allen Park. I usually go to Royal Oak on Thursdays (all of my buddies still ride sportbikes, so we go on Thursdays instead of Wednesdays). I hear there is a nice bike night in Ypsi as well but I haven't checked it out yet. I may have to head up to Romeo sometime, the downtown is really nice!

I'd be up for something when the weather warms up a little.

Old 02-17-2011 | 09:14 AM
tomt
Road Master

Haven't started my winter project yet. May be late spring before I ride this year.

Old 02-17-2011 | 09:16 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by blusmbl
I'm in Redford, and work down in Allen Park. I usually go to Royal Oak on Thursdays (all of my buddies still ride sportbikes, so we go on Thursdays instead of Wednesdays). I hear there is a nice bike night in Ypsi as well but I haven't checked it out yet. I may have to head up to Romeo sometime, the downtown is really nice!

I'd be up for something when the weather warms up a little.
Sounds good - join up on the Michigan Riders social group, I'll post reminders there.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/group...an-riders.html

Old 02-17-2011 | 10:21 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah it's beautiful up here in CT.......no time today with onsite work stuff..but tomorrow I hope to get out there.

They don't sand and salt the roads up here anymore, they spray down that new brine fluid..which is less salt, combined with sugar and a few other things. So the danger of sand on the roads is a thing of the past. As for the brine....that's what a garden hose, soap, bucket, and sponge is for when I get home after the ride....I'm not too lazy to do that.

Bought the bike to ride...not stare at.

Old 02-17-2011 | 10:22 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I took a ride yesterday. Doc said I shouldn't be riding for another week but had to do it. It was chilly, windy, and a little drizzly but was a good ride none the less!

Old 02-17-2011 | 10:38 AM
bparsel
Tourer

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Sounds good - join up on the Michigan Riders social group, I'll post reminders there.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/group...an-riders.html
Keith, nice job on getting out yesterday! I had my eyes peeled but didnt see any bikes. But everywhere I drove had rivers flowing across the road. Mine is buried in my basement shop, have to get rid of 6 inches of snow still to get it to the road.

I'm pretty close to everyone else so I could be down for a meet-up this Spring.

Old 02-17-2011 | 11:07 AM
RoadKing_Bob
Tourer
Default is it 4:00 yet

It took me an hour to chip the ice off the driveway to create a 4 ft wide path to the front of the gate from the garage, I usually do not shovel the driveway from behind the gate to the garage because I have no reason to go back there when it's cold out. Now I'm just waiting for the clock to hit 4:00 and I'm going home to pull the bike out for a ride, it's 60 right now and partly sunny. I think one of the best rides is when I get out into the rural (farming area) Medina area and cruising down the road with the sun gleaming off the snow covered fields.

Last edited by RoadKing_Bob; 02-17-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-17-2011 | 11:24 AM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Spent the last two days putting the trike back together. Couldn't ride yesterday, but I'm ready today!

Old 02-17-2011 | 03:31 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Seen the first bike on the road today for 2011 here in Michigan. Temps got up to the mid 50's. I seen it just South of St Johns on old 27 about 1:15 PM. I think it was a Road King or something that looks like one from the back. But Colder Weather is now on it's way back.

Quick Reply: saw a lot of guys out riding today (was about 60 here)