Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MoCo Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:43 PM
speedybrother
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool MoCo Boots

Yes it is me again (I think I should change my online name to the `Taste Police'). I recenlty did a post on Harley Jackets and a good many of you agreed with my rarely humble opinion.

I now think it is time to speak out about the MoCo boot range, outside of two pairs the rest of the boots look like they belong on a swat cop and the others have bits of chrome and things hanging off them that wouldn't look astray on a dance instructor (who incidently bats for the other team).

How about some engineer type boots with rounded toe, maybe with a little hidden shin, ankle protection and say Gortex lining for those wet touring days.

Well folks, what are your thoughts?

Speedybrother Sydney Australia

Old 02-15-2011, 09:53 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedybrother
Yes it is me again (I think I should change my online name to the `Taste Police'). I recenlty did a post on Harley Jackets and a good many of you agreed with my rarely humble opinion.

I now think it is time to speak out about the MoCo boot range, outside of two pairs the rest of the boots look like they belong on a swat cop and the others have bits of chrome and things hanging off them that wouldn't look astray on a dance instructor (who incidently bats for the other team).

How about some engineer type boots with rounded toe, maybe with a little hidden shin, ankle protection and say Gortex lining for those wet touring days.

Speedybrother Sydney Australia
Mine have steel toes and a zipper front that go about 6" above my ankles. HD leather boots but got them way cheaper at "Boot Barn". Nothing wrong with the swat boots. Since we don't get much rain here the Gor-tex isn't a factor.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:01 PM
StreetGlide75
Advanced

I let my work buy mine steel toes also ... 8" love them

Old 02-15-2011, 10:20 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by speedybrother
I don't think about the MoCo boots..... I have 2 pairs that I like and that's it. Besides if you want some different boots just go buy them. Who gives a ****?

Old 02-15-2011, 11:27 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very well said

Old 02-15-2011, 11:28 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idk. I love my Riddicks. I wear them daily. They have held up very well.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:36 PM
speedybrother
Advanced

Here in Australia we have very little in the way of choice, most imported boots are for sportbike riders (you know the type Dainesse, Gaernie, Alpine Star and the like). So we have a tendency to buy our stuff on-line. Let me give you an example, here in Australia my FXRG jacket cost $US1,200.00 I bought out of America for $US520.00, hence MoCo webiste is of some importance to us. Agreed in America there are several excellent boot suppliers, why? Because you country contains around 300 million people (big market place), whereas Asustralia is 21 million. It figures that there are a whole lot more riders where you guys are as opposed to here, thus very little choice in riding boots downunder.......so a plain black leather riding boot from the moco is of more importance to Aussies.

Cheers from Downunder

Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

The Moco has a very large choice IMHO, but maybe tough to get in Oz. Dealers here in the PRK usually have a very large selection, including Gore Tex.

Does Oz import Chippewa or Red Wing?

I have a pair of Chippewa that are excellent.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

New Harley boots are Chinese garbage. I have the paramilitary type... total garbage. The first things to go were the soles @ 9 months. Big cracks all the way to the insoles. I used flexible CA glue to fix them. That lasted a few months. Then the zippers started to tear away. The back heel seem split on one boot. Finally the zipper's teeth separated where they were tearing away and the zipper pull derailed off the teeth. I'll never buy another piece of HD apparel. Buy Made in the US!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:03 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I can't wait till U get to the finger-less gloves and the A$$-less chaps...

Quick Reply: MoCo Boots