General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MoCo Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=speedybrother;7924913]Here in Australia we have very little in the way of choice, most imported boots are for sportbike riders (you know the type Dainesse, Gaernie, Alpine Star and the like)./QUOTE]

Last Summer, while waiting on a warranty claim on my 2 week old Harley boots (that took all summer), I started wearing my Blundstones. They seemed to work pretty good. They might not be the best in a fall, but they win the comfort contest against Harley boots.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 AM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Here's a few photos of my HD (Woverine made in China) boots after around 11k miles riding with them. BTW, I don't abuse my equipment and I don't drag my feet at stops or starts (smarta$$ HD dealer salesperson).

Attached Thumbnails MoCo Boots-dsc02971.jpg   MoCo Boots-dsc02974.jpg   MoCo Boots-dsc02976.jpg   MoCo Boots-dsc02977.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
dortiz
Road Captain

Broke down and just ordered WESCO. Tired of re buying cheap crap.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have these boots, and they are really comfortable to ride in and even walk around in. Only boots I've ever worn that are comfortable to wear.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:37 PM
SodFather
Cruiser

Dont know the longevity of them, but I picked up a pair of Red Wings and couldn't be happier with them. Unfort. I had the pleasure of walking a mile on day one in them and my feet didn't hurt afterwords. I checked out the HD boots but Im not really into the buckles(hated pulling those things off my pops sweaty, stinkin feet as a kid).

Old 02-16-2011, 01:05 PM
wb0zrd
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a pair of the Harley engineer style boots, zippers on the sides make them easy to pull on, very comfortable for riding. When I looked at them at the dealer they had tags on all of their shoes/boots which said if they were worth a darn for riding or walking or both...I knew when I walked out the door with them that they wouldn't be all that great for walking all day in them. I take my ****s with me if I'm going to be walking a lot. And yes, the HD boots and the ****s are both made in China which disturbs me greatly, but at this point in my life I don't let it get me down, there just isn't much that I can do about it.

Cheers,
Paul in Colorado

Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
wb0zrd
Road Captain

In my last post the **** should be ****...don't know why it didn't like it?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:09 PM
wb0zrd
Road Captain

Beats me...**** is one the athletic shoe companies. Guess it doesn't like the name for some reason

Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 AM
speedybrother
Advanced

Originally Posted by thornious
Dude you seem to have an issue with anything Harley are you sure you are riding the right bike?
Yep, more than sure I am riding the right bike. I like Halreys and have since I was a kid. Would I own anyother bike at this time? Well no, but I guess if they (read:HD) don't know what we truly think, they can't fix it. Let me give you another example back in the mid eighties the moco actually produced and sold really nice jackets. I would hasten to guess they were manufactured locally in the US of A. The stuff now is too showy and quite frankly looks like stuff most Halrey riders wouldn't be seen dead in. Before you say anything, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder that is why we both have good looking women in our lives...............anyway your right I might buy a Ducati ......lol

Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 AM
thornious
Cruiser

Originally Posted by speedybrother
Yep, more than sure I am riding the right bike. I like Halreys and have since I was a kid. Would I own anyother bike at this time? Well no, but I guess if they (read:HD) don't know what we truly think, they can't fix it. Let me give you another example back in the mid eighties the moco actually produced and sold really nice jackets. I would hasten to guess they were manufactured locally in the US of A. The stuff now is too showy and quite frankly looks like stuff most Halrey riders wouldn't be seen dead in. Before you say anything, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder that is why we both have good looking women in our lives...............anyway your right I might buy a Ducati ......lol

I wish they would bring back the manufacturing of any Harley item back to the USA...Hell they might lose a little profit margin on the clothes but for what they charge us already you would think they were made here.

Quick Reply: MoCo Boots