Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MoCo Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:25 AM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a bunch of boots. I recently picked up a pair of the Harley boots since my favorite brand Ariat quit making the 8" black work boots.

Here are the ones I bought.

http://www.harleydavidsonboot.com/hadame***lri.html

I am not a fan of the strap over the top of the foot so I had a local shoe repair shop remove it. Overall this made them very simple and not all gawdy like many of them tend to be.

BTW, they are made by Wolverine and the sizing is way off so be sure to get them locally and try them on.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 AM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Other boot makers have what you're looking for already. Harley boots aren't that comfortable anyway. I own a pair, but they will probably be my last pair. They are fine to ride in, but you don't want to do much walking in them.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Daniel B.
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made in china crap. I don't know why they feel the need to put "Gene Simmons" heels on them. For the record I bought a pair back before I was aware the MoCo had sold their clothing line to china. I'd ride barefoot before I bought another pair of them.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 AM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedybrother
Yes it is me again (I think I should change my online name to the `Taste Police'). I recenlty did a post on Harley Jackets and a good many of you agreed with my rarely humble opinion.

I now think it is time to speak out about the MoCo boot range, outside of two pairs the rest of the boots look like they belong on a swat cop and the others have bits of chrome and things hanging off them that wouldn't look astray on a dance instructor (who incidently bats for the other team).

How about some engineer type boots with rounded toe, maybe with a little hidden shin, ankle protection and say Gortex lining for those wet touring days.

Well folks, what are your thoughts?

Speedybrother Sydney Australia
I agree with you. To me many of the boots are the same with small changes. I would like to see HD change it up with a variety of heel sizes, toe shape etc. I was looking for a pair of riding boots with a 2 to 2 1/2 inch heel. Tho only boots with that height were not riding boots. I have ordered a pair of custom Wesco boots to get exactly what I want in style and heel height.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:14 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a pair of the square-toe engineer/harness boots that my wife got for me. I like'em just fine for riding. Walking around all day in them isn't real comfortable though.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:21 AM
thornious
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedybrother
Yes it is me again (I think I should change my online name to the `Taste Police'). I recenlty did a post on Harley Jackets and a good many of you agreed with my rarely humble opinion.

I now think it is time to speak out about the MoCo boot range, outside of two pairs the rest of the boots look like they belong on a swat cop and the others have bits of chrome and things hanging off them that wouldn't look astray on a dance instructor (who incidently bats for the other team).

How about some engineer type boots with rounded toe, maybe with a little hidden shin, ankle protection and say Gortex lining for those wet touring days.

Well folks, what are your thoughts?

Speedybrother Sydney Australia

Dude you seem to have an issue with anything Harley are you sure you are riding the right bike?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:33 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I bought a pair of boots at the dealership and hey were Goretex lined and had ankle protection. They also are very comfortable to walk in. I see no problem with boots from the MOCo. They do make a lot of them that are there for fashion, but many are actualy good riding wear. They just give you a choice.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 AM
zird00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastjoe
Harley boots aren't that comfortable anyway... They are fine to ride in, but you don't want to do much walking in them.
I have had a pair of the lace-up work boot style riding boots made by Harley for over 2 years. They have held up nicely and are good for riding. However, you don't really want to walk too much in them. That's why the MoCo marks shoes as "For Riding" and "For After Riding."

Old 02-16-2011, 10:00 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the MOCO brakelight boots. I have had them for several years and they are fine for me

Quick Reply: MoCo Boots