General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogRock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HogRock?

Anyone go or plan on going? I went in October for the first time last year and it blew my mind. I guess the June one is sposed to be twice as big as Oct, and it had 7k people. oh the memories. Definitely going to be more prepared this year.

http://www.hogrock.com/home.htm

Old 02-14-2011, 08:49 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

we prefer oct. because although the crowd is smaller most are actually bikers. June is twice as big , all 3 stages are running at the same time and half the crowd owns or rides, 1/4 are there to take pictures of a life they are clueless about and 1/4 are freaks and old hippies lol
If you go in june , be prepared for one hell of a rain storm cause it happens every year and you will cook in the heat. last few trips I didn't even take pictures.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:04 PM
WildBillHarley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there and had a great time. Your link has HogDaddy's saying they will not reopen in 2011, whats up with that? Big Bummer.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:02 AM
Motorboatn SOB
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah Hogdaddy's in Shawnee Town did close up. Although the rally is still on. Both the spring and the fall rallys are the best I've ever been to. I haven't missed one in 6 yrs.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Schaub85
Road Master

Originally Posted by zukeeper
we prefer oct. because although the crowd is smaller most are actually bikers. June is twice as big , all 3 stages are running at the same time and half the crowd owns or rides, 1/4 are there to take pictures of a life they are clueless about and 1/4 are freaks and old hippies lol
If you go in june , be prepared for one hell of a rain storm cause it happens every year and you will cook in the heat. last few trips I didn't even take pictures.

Yeah the idea of that many people is kinda turning me away. Let alone the heat. Oct was cold nights and hot days. But I hate to skip June and then the weather doesnt cooperate for oct and miss it all together. When it gets closer, we'll have to set up a meet or something.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Schaub85
I went in October for the first time last year and it blew my mind. http://www.hogrock.com/home.htm
Hog Rock is quite a party. I get a kick out of the guys who go to bike week and sturgis and actually think those events are "wild". As a general rule I pretty much have to physically show people the pictures of Hog Rock before they can even begin to grasp what goes on there, and thats is usually followed by....oh, my wife would never let me go to something like that. Its certainly something anyone who digs the biker life should experience. That or at least Bama Bike Fest. I hope to make the summer one this year,

Old 02-20-2011, 10:06 PM
redmonster13
Road Captain

looks like fun, will have to see what I can swing.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 AM
cogener8
Road Captain

Hmm I might be up for June 11 and 12. Id have to do the tent thing.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Bones77
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Schaub85
Anyone go or plan on going? I went in October for the first time last year and it blew my mind. I guess the June one is sposed to be twice as big as Oct, and it had 7k people. oh the memories. Definitely going to be more prepared this year.

http://www.hogrock.com/home.htm
This thread might be of interest. There's a discussion of Hogrock and Hog Daddy's in the thread. If you go let me know maybe we can organize a group ride from Champaign. I'd be in. Ussually me and 3 to 4 buddies ride down on Thursday.

Bones.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Schaub85
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bones77
This thread might be of interest. There's a discussion of Hogrock and Hog Daddy's in the thread. If you go let me know maybe we can organize a group ride from Champaign. I'd be in. Ussually me and 3 to 4 buddies ride down on Thursday.

Bones.
What thread?

Quick Reply: HogRock?