Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

security

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Rick Lees
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default security

Lets say you get off your bike and have your fob in your pocket but your close enough to your bike that it still senses you fob, somebody jumps on your scoot and runs....... when he gets far enough from the fob will it shut down??????
I don't think this has been asked if so I know have you searched No I haven't it too early to search.....

Old 02-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

No, it will not shut down. Once it is turned off manualy it will not restart without the fob being in range.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Have not tried it.
Start your bike and walk away,see what happens.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:03 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

This is a reason why ya got to watch where you keep you key when not riding. If its close enough to your bike where you start it and not with you, you ride off and shut it down. You stuck! But, this is a good reason to set and know your sec code to start your bike w/o the fob.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 AM
copacetic
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

My wife has an 01 Heritage .Our first Harley.Last summer we had taken it to the lake and left it there(she wasnt riding it yet) to make room for the other bikes in our garage.We were at the lake one weekend but had left the fob at home 200 miles away.I was out in the shop and turned the switch to on and started the bike.Rode it to town and around for the weekend.I had been told that if you did not have the fob close enough the bike would not start but that wasnt the case.JW

Old 02-14-2011, 07:31 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by copacetic
My wife has an 01 Heritage .I had been told that if you did not have the fob close enough the bike would not start but that wasnt the case.JW
The older security systems are not the same as the new ones.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:32 AM
drbillk
Tourer

It'll run all the way until it stops.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:34 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

when the fob battery died - while i was riding - the bike started running like crap! thankfully, I wan't but a couple of blocks from the house and managed to limp back home.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Rick Lees
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cdestuck
This is a reason why ya got to watch where you keep you key when not riding. If its close enough to your bike where you start it and not with you, you ride off and shut it down. You stuck! But, this is a good reason to set and know your sec code to start your bike w/o the fob.
Yup set the the day I got the bike was just curious about the fob thing...... Thanks....... And I didn't get yelled at .........humm must be too early

Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by copacetic
My wife has an 01 Heritage .Our first Harley.Last summer we had taken it to the lake and left it there(she wasnt riding it yet) to make room for the other bikes in our garage.We were at the lake one weekend but had left the fob at home 200 miles away.I was out in the shop and turned the switch to on and started the bike.Rode it to town and around for the weekend.I had been told that if you did not have the fob close enough the bike would not start but that wasnt the case.JW
mine won't start if Ur more than 8-10 feet away..

on Urs I'd think either U really don't have the SS or did she put the spare in the bags as others have...

Quick Reply: security