General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

StockPipesSuck.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
niczumbo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default StockPipesSuck.com

i saw this outfit mentioned in here by a member and read how somone in here got (possibly)screwed by these guys.so i went to their website and read all about them.if you dont know,the deal is send in your stock muffs and if they are up to their standards and the ones they desire,you get $75.now my stock muffs been sitting in the garage for 2 years.i looked em over ,found one tiny spot on one that could possibly cause a problem,but said what the hell.so i sent em away! that was on 1/29/11. i got home from work and grabbed the mail and holy crapola,heres a letter from them with a $75 check.so i guess they are legit.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

I think maybe they have insider info that new government regulations will come out that you have to have stock mufflers on your bike. It will cost you $150 to get them back. Or maybe not. I hope.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Kraft
I think maybe they have insider info that new government regulations will come out that you have to have stock mufflers on your bike. It will cost you $150 to get them back. Or maybe not. I hope.
LOL! That is a good business ;-)

Old 02-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they are modifying the pipes with new baffles and than sale them as pipes that have an EPA stamp on them.

americancustom.com

I guess it could keep the law off your back if you live in a "green" part of the country.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I figure being in Texas the EPA has their hands full just getting their CO2 standards through the court system. Should be too busy to mess with my pipes.
Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
I believe they are modifying the pipes with new baffles and than sale them as pipes that have an EPA stamp on them.

americancustom.com

I guess it could keep the law off your back if you live in a "green" part of the country.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:06 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I would think there is a huge supply of stock exhausts sitting in garages across the country. Most folks replace stock as one of the first mods to their bike. Could be on to something with that EPA stamp thing.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:06 PM
bigdawg11
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do Not use this site!!! Beware! It is a scam!!!! I had a pair of "Like New" pipes a buddy gave to me and decided to send them into 'stockpipessuck.com' to get the $75.00 they advertise on the site.
Well... after checking with them 12 days after UPS says they got them, I received an email stating they did get them and to expect a check 30 days after they received them.

Well... it is now 35 days after and they have crawled into a hole. They are ignoring all emails I send and I seem to be out my pipes as well as the $75.00.

Just an FYI... they are affiliated with 'American Custom' that retrofit pipes for a price. Apparently, they are scummers, er scammmers that need a meeting with a Louisville slugger.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdawg11
Do Not use this site!!! Beware! It is a scam!!!! I had a pair of "Like New" pipes a buddy gave to me and decided to send them into 'stockpipessuck.com' to get the $75.00 they advertise on the site.
Well... after checking with them 12 days after UPS says they got them, I received an email stating they did get them and to expect a check 30 days after they received them.

Well... it is now 35 days after and they have crawled into a hole. They are ignoring all emails I send and I seem to be out my pipes as well as the $75.00.

Just an FYI... they are affiliated with 'American Custom' that retrofit pipes for a price. Apparently, they are scummers, er scammmers that need a meeting with a Louisville slugger.
Why does your post sound like deja 'vu? I think I've already read it somewhere else.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:38 AM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Why does your post sound like deja 'vu? I think I've already read it somewhere else.
Couldn't be because he posted this, is it? Sounds like he's on a mission..... At least he figured out the "search" feature.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 AM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 349 Likes on 158 Posts

I sent them the stock pipes off my '11 SG. Got a check in the mail, no problem.

Quick Reply: StockPipesSuck.com