Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok! Whats your cut look Like?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM
thumperhdcmc
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A cut is now typically referred to a vest denim or leather of an m.c. member. Genericaly it could be any vest

Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 AM
robbieaz62
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonesee
I buy a t-shirt at the different bike weeks etc. but throw them in a drawer and won't wear them until a few years later(seriously). It is my anti-poser stance.
I don't see how it's being a poser to wear a shirt the same year as an event, but not a few years later. The way I see it, if you bought the shirt at the actual event, you aren't a poser. However, if you buy a FTS or Sturgis shirt or whatever online or at a different event, but weren't actually there ... you just might be a poser. But honestly, I couldn't care less what anyone else wears, cuts included.

As for the topic, on my vest (I'm far too lazy to take a picture and it's at home anyway) I have a flag, name and road capt. patch, HOG chapter patch, a USAF retired patch, a unit patch, a POW/MIA patch, a few ride patches, a Dyna patch (That reminds me, I need to swap that out for a Road King one ...) and ride/event pins. . But I only wear it during official HOG rides and not at all during the summer. I'm not really into vests.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 AM
dabluesguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going for the Justin Bieber cut. I just don't have enough hair.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:08 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonesee
Basically the same for me. NOTHING I own has a Harley logo on it except for the bike. Absolutely nothing I wear has a Harley logo. No patches, no messages, no advertising.

I buy a t-shirt at the different bike weeks etc. but throw them in a drawer and won't wear them until a few years later(seriously). It is my anti-poser stance. I am the old guy wearing jeans and old beat up black leather jacket and t-shirts from bike events newbs have never heard of from 10-15 years ago.
Seems like it would be just as easy to argue that going out of your way to not wear Harley shirts, shirts from recent events, etc., makes you at least as much of a poser as anybody. After all, you're making a special effort to create an "image."

Old 02-11-2011, 10:15 AM
mongoose
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'zackly.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,340 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Same vest I have been wearing since 1970. Rebuilt about 2 times now as it has worn out and I have gained a coupe of extra pounds. Have a sister with a commercial grade sewing machine who manages to patch from the inside and keep it together. Had her just cross stitch on the outside to keep the old material somewhat together.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't get it....
All these people who make comments about not wearing a "Cut", "Vest"....
It's a post about wearing a "Cut"....If ya don't like them, why in hell even open the post and read it....and make a comment....

Old 02-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If you're wearing a leather vest, put all the fun & goofly patches you want on it and enjoy! I love seeing some of the stuff on vests, especially the patriotic & support our troops patches!

If you wear a cut, you wear the required patches, which are your club colors on your back, your name on the front, and what ever else your MC has mandated. Beyond that, its stuff that is meaningful to you. Putting patches on your cut has a bit more meaning, because you're representing a brotherhood & not just yourself. What you wear reflects on all.

That said, I wear several memorial patches, pins from a few different chapters that were given to me, and a club "support" patch. If I had more room, I'd wear a POW/MIA patch. (I'll probably get a pin if I can find a good one)

Last edited by Ghosteh; 02-11-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont have a picture but build this picture in your mind
Black Levi button up jacket
Sleeves cut off
there you go

Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I felt bad for not posting a pic so here ya go.

Like I said earlier though, momma (my mom not my wife, I call her sweetheart) won't let me take it off till it's healed.

To be continued...

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 02-11-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Ok! Whats your cut look Like?