General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Protecal for parking right in front of a store?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:23 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just park the damn bike, car, moped or whatever the hell else you're driving in the first spot you find, and walk your lazy *** inside the store! You don't have to get the closest spot. Really, it wont' kill you. In fact, the opposite may be true.

My number one pet peeve is people who will sit and wait 3 minutes for someone to leave so they can have the parking space, all the while blocking traffic for everyone else. People even do that at the gym! They're going there to exercise, but too damn lazy to walk a few extra steps.

Just walk! It ain't that damn hard. Sidewalks are not parking spots. Hash lines aren't motorcycle parking spots either. If they were, they'd be marked as such.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:42 AM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I usually park in the lot maybe at the striped spot on the end but last month i was parking in a regular spot and the wal-mart manager was walking by and he told me "everyone usually parks up there by the entrance just so you know"

Old 02-11-2011, 08:42 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

What is this "walking" you speak of???

Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

It makes me laugh when I see the ricers parked by the front door of the fitness centres. UUUHHH hello, you are there to tone and build muscle. Park the bike out in the parking lot and walk.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM
farmerstu
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
I'm along this line of thinking also. It screams of "Look at me!!!!!!"
yah...golf clap from the onlookers as they stand in awe of a motorcycle and it's mighty important rider looking for attention.

In my book, everyone has the same rights on the road (and a parking lot is part of that)(until proven guilty and negligent). It's the same as someone that double diagonal parks their car/truck..taking up 2-3 spaces...in some method of hogging more than they're entitled to, that their vehicle is more important than anyone elses.

I'm aware of the higher chance of someone not seeing ones bike as they swing through the lot. So I tend to park in the parking lot slots right next to poles for signs or lights, or the shopping cart cribs. Generally towards the farther away edges/corners of the lot..they'll tend to be more empty. I can mount up and take my time without being in the more people dense area...and less traffic and IMO safer to motor away.
I agree and also park in the far corners.if it's nice enough to ride it's nice enough to walk.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM
copacetic
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Most of the places I have seen a bike on the sidewalk it belongs to an employee.I think it is a little arrogant myself to park on the sidewalk.It is a side WALK not a sidepark.I do however like the stripped lines at the end of the rows.JW

Old 02-11-2011, 09:20 AM
robbieaz62
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soulpony
Was at the University the other day, there in front of the main doors to the business building is a Goldwing parked in a Handicap spot. I thought to myself, what kinda POS would park his bike in a handicap spot, lo and behold he had a handicap sticker on it. Didn't see the rider, gotta wonder how handicapped he was.
I know of 2 people who have handicapped plates on their bikes. One has bad knees and thus has trouble walking any kind of distances but no trouble riding. The other ... I have no idea. She has no visible problems. I've always wondered but don't care enough to ask.

I see people parked up on the sidewalk near the store buildings all the time. But I think most of them are probably employees because I've never actually seen someone in the act of parking there or getting on one of those and riding off after shopping. And I would assume if they're employees they probably have permission to park there.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:28 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,169 Likes on 1,798 Posts

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
My number one pet peeve is people who will sit and wait 3 minutes for someone to leave so they can have the parking space, all the while blocking traffic for everyone else. People even do that at the gym! They're going there to exercise, but too damn lazy to walk a few extra steps.
LOL that kills me too....my wife does that...she'll drive around going up and down the rows looking for a spot right up close. Hell...I'll park at the end of the row..far away...walk in the store..and be 1/2 done with my shopping before she actually finds a spot and pulls in.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I park were the busses don't go
the mouth breathers, spandex heifers
don't park there. The energy needed for the
cattle herds is too much for them to use from out
there

Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I, obviously, am not as important as many of the responders here. Nor are my bikes as worthy I guess. I always park in designated parking areas just as the non-riding public must. And many people wonder why so many folks hate motorcycles and/or motorcylists.

Quick Reply: Protecal for parking right in front of a store?