General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Protecal for parking right in front of a store?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:37 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why stop at the sidewalk? I like to whip right in the doors and park at the customer service desk...
Seriously...I park where I feel my bike is safest. Safest from cars hitting it..people touching it..people sitting on it...someone stealing it..someone messing with or stealing my helmet or other crap off it..
You want to park your bike between two cars or minivans or SUV's somewhere in the middle of a parking lot and leave it there nestled in the possible mayhem of half a dozen kids and they're dumb *** parents..go right ahead.
I park where I want and that's always where I feel my bike is safest and has the best chance of being there and exactly as I left it when I come out. It really is'nt a big deal....really, it is'nt...and if you think it is...you worry too damn much. But that's just me talking..

Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 AM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by zukeeper
I nevr park on a sidewalk , but I will park on the striped lines at the ends of parking rows
+1 -- but if that option isn't available, I'll park in a regular spot, just not so far into the spot that someone in a hurry won't see it before rushing in. Never had a problem, so far...

Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 AM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,069 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by zukeeper
I nevr park on a sidewalk , but I will park on the striped lines at the ends of parking rows

+1 same for me

Old 02-11-2011, 07:46 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

How big is a WalMart, Lowes, Home Depot parking lot? I've never seen one where I couldn't park way off all by myself. Car or bike. I've never had to park between cars in one of their lots either.
Maybe someday I'll be as special as some of you guys and be able to park on the sidewalk?
I especially liked the poster who said he parks in the fire lane! Unbelievable!
Most of you guys are probably the same jerks that sit in the car right in front of the store waiting for your wife to pick up a "few" things.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Swede405
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just hand mine off to the valet. It's easier that way.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
I park in a regular parking space, usually in the out-lying areas of of the parking lot. Or in designated motorcycle parking...
That's my spot. Usually away from the main flow of traffic. If there is a light pole or curb next to it even better.
Now if you ride one of these then the sidewalk may be appropriate.

Attached Thumbnails Protecal for parking right in front of a store?-st.jpeg   Protecal for parking right in front of a store?-sb.jpg   Protecal for parking right in front of a store?-color.jpg   Protecal for parking right in front of a store?-ges.jpeg   Protecal for parking right in front of a store?-fs.jpg.jpg  

Old 02-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

There is no protocol for parking in front of a store. Bikes must follow the same parking rules as cars.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 AM
motorrader
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't park on the sidewalk.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The protocol is don't do it. I don't know why anyone would want to park on the sidewalk anyway where people are walking around your bike. Seems like a good way to get it scratched or messed with. Plus, it gives us all negative attention.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

A motorcycle is a motor vehicle and subject, for the most part, to the same laws as a cage. I park where it is legal to park. Nothing "special" about me or my bike.

Quick Reply: Protecal for parking right in front of a store?