General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

little sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read about the real Sturgis is taking the show on the road. We have a local notice that Sturgis is taking the "essence" of their rally and going on tour. They are testing it this year by doing a rally at the Harrisburg Farm SHow Arena in Harrisburg PA on April 15-19 (not exactly sure of dates, just that we thought "APRIL?" will be a little nippy going by bike) If the test is a successs they plan on taking it on the road as a tour. Supposed to have some of the Buffalo Chip type stuff and vendors and all the usual. Anyone else read about this? I'll try to track down the ad Maybe that is why they are getting litigous and suing over the name, since they plan to market it wider? don't know

Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what I could find with a link to more info

The Sturgis Road Show will launch it's first ever event in Harrisburg, PA April 15-17th, 2011. Some major players from Sturgis, SD are taking the SturgisRally Experience on the road and it should be a great event. Should help with the winter blah's anyway!
Tesla, Styx and Bachman Turner or Bachman Turner Overdrive will be headlining.
For more info check out Russ Brown Motorcycle Lawyers Blog for details.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Hope they don't run the smaller shows oob.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 PM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it was the ban on nudity 2 years ago that hurt it...i was there 3 years ago and it was hard to find a place to pitch a tent...there is shade an a lake , it was hot but it was one hell of a party at night, and thats what everyone was there for.i had heard there was 20,000 + people there....its a dry county but they were selling beer out of big semis parked just down the street.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Actually thats a pretty conservative area, so am not surprised the nudity got removed. Too bad events like that cannot make it without resorting to that all the time, if thats what did it in. Its not really the nudity, but rather the raunch.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I attended the Little Sturgis rally back in 2006. At that time it was one big party and nude fest. If they banned nudity in the campground since then i'm not surprised attendence is way down. Like it or not, that's what most of the bikers went for...to see a parade of ****. I hope this is not an indication of things to come at similar rallies.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:42 PM
ardakota
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Our abate group puts on a rally in town it is alot of work and its getting harder to do the local buisinesses want the added buisiness but they dont want to support us with donations and such so we can get good bands. We dont do this for profit it is for our community and we give most all the proceeds to charity.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:54 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr HOG
I attended the Little Sturgis rally back in 2006. At that time it was one big party and nude fest. If they banned nudity in the campground since then i'm not surprised attendence is way down. Like it or not, that's what most of the bikers went for...to see a parade of ****. I hope this is not an indication of things to come at similar rallies.
Most of the rallys I've gone to with tit shows end up being drunk skanks parading bodies that should be kept well hidden. They far outnumber anything I think should be exhibited. I do not mind a nice looking woman but after a while it gets old. A few hours, maybe most of the day, cool, but several days, and as each day goes by, nastier, dirtier, skankier....good riddance.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:00 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,039 Likes on 17,929 Posts

I keep seeing the phrase " Little Sturgis " what is this a run for midgets or something ? What am I missing here ..................

Old 02-14-2011, 07:06 PM
zird00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I keep seeing the phrase " Little Sturgis " what is this a run for midgets or something ? What am I missing here ..................
It is a rally in Sturgis, KY.It is smaller than Sturgis SD, both the town and the rally but it has always been a good time. And in recent years the word "little" is only used in the traditional sense.

Quick Reply: little sturgis