General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD seasonal jacket...Not available???

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: New HD seasonal jacket...Not available???

ORIGINAL: cosmicHD

Speaking of new jackets.

I tried this one on the other day and liked it. Did not buy it, yet.

Its got a removeable liner, venting, armor, waterproof. Seemed like a nice jacket.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

That is the freaking jacket I was looking for. The Chaos. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey cosmic. Since you tried this jacket on how is it sized. Seems like alot of jackets are cut different. I normally wear an XL in leather but I have tried on a few of the non leather HD jackets and needed a 2XL. How would you say this jacket is compared to other jackets size-wise.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:46 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually wear a large and it seemd to fit like my other large Harley jacket -- that one is a leather "cross roads" model.

It is not loose, it has a snugger/racing kind of feel to it if you know what I mean. That I think is due to the insulated liner in it.

The closest I could approximate it to is it seems to fit like the large FXRG jacket I tried on (also has a liner to it). I tried an XL and probably could have gotten away with it, especially if I had a thicker sweater on underneath as well, but the Large seemed a bit snugger and better all around for me.

You know how these jackets are though, it is a crapshoot, so don't shoot me if you get the wrong size!!!!

I checked it out at Patriot Harley Davidson in Fairfax Virginia. www.patriothd.com They do not have an online order form, but if you had trouble finding it I would imagine they might sell it over the phone.

They seem to have had some XL's and XXL's there last time I checked.

Now that I know it is a limited run, I might just have to go back and get it. IT seemed to be a great jacket for warm to cool/wet to dry sort of weather.

Addition:
Damn you MonsterMile. Now you got me thinking about going down there and getting it today because now I realized it is a Limited Edition and I'll regret not picking it up. DAMN YOU! LOL

Old 10-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey Chaos. If you go back and pick it up do me a huge favor. While you are there try on the Competition II leather jacket if they have it. See how that fits in your size in comparison to the Chaos in the same size. The Competition II is one of the few leather jackets that I have found that fits me good. So I could use that in comparison for what size I may need in the Chaos. I probably won't buy the Chaos sight-unseen for full price, but if I find it online or on ebay for a good price I may snag it.

Thanks in advance

Old 10-07-2006, 05:45 PM
PSO169
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monstermile
I have the older Competetion Jacket and I have it in a 3XL I love that jacket you cant go wrong with the newer version. I think that the CHaos jacket is right but I would have to see the back to make sure.
jeff

Old 10-07-2006, 06:37 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

OK, I'll be near my dealer tomorrow. Going to a boxing match tonight, then heading to my g-dfriends afterwards. The dealer is nicely placed between my place and her place! LOL So, I'll stop by on my way home tomorrow. I don't remember seeing a Comp II jacket, but then again, I was not looking. If it is there I'll compare the two jackets in XL. And if that Chaos Large is there, I'll buy it.

WTF...it is only money, and 20% of each paychecks goes to direct investments -- so the rest of it is money to burn once my bills are paid. And I am a jacket kind of guy. You can never have enough jackets. And all I have now is leather, I need a textile jacket. <<<<<<<illogical rationalizations

Old 10-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Ready2Rip
6th Gear

Monster,

I found these guys on a web search. It might be worth a try.

http://www.theshop.ca/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1819

Good luck,

Ready2Rip

Old 10-08-2006, 03:48 AM
00glider
Cruiser

The statement about "seasonal wear" must be a pretty successful marketing ploy.
I visit a local dealer pretty often (too often) and almost always take a tour of the clothing section for two reasons:
1) the girls are pretty and friendly, and
2) they have shown me that depending on the dealers and their buyers, they can get a few limited availability items in when the seasons change.

I'm not a clothes hog, but a year ago I bought a jacket that really caught my eye. There were only 6 on the rack, and they said there wouldn't be any more. Nice features and definetly looked different. I bought one and quickly told my brother who liked it well enough he went over and bought one too. I'm not sure about this, but I don't think these type of deals ever make it into the catalog or make in on-line.

I haven't seen any others like it. Soft armor, vents front & rear, liner, narrow forearm sleeves with zippers up the sides, pgood pockets, and visability piping, and nice H-D logos front & rear. Anybody else see or have this?

Old 10-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Local dealerships decide if they are going to buy these "seasonal" "limited edition" jackets. If they don't buy them, but you see them elsewhere, your local dealer won't be able to order it from MOCO because it is not a stock item. I have encountered this a couple of times in the past two years.

As for the HD mesh jacket, wtih armor, etc., I looked at that at my dealer and was very interested in it until I remembered that I would wear the jacket mainly in warmer weather and I don't want a black warm weather jacket; wish HD made the jacket in primarily silver with black accesnts. I'll probably buy a Joe Rocket and, perhaps, have a large reflective HD patch sewn on the back if I want the HD brand on the jacket.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 00glider
I haven't seen any others like it. Soft armor, vents front & rear, liner, narrow forearm sleeves with zippers up the sides, pgood pockets, and visability piping, and nice H-D logos front & rear. Anybody else see or have this?

That looks like the Windrider jacket and that is another seasonal I missed out on. I tried it on last year and loved the feel of it. But I hesitated and missed out on it.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:25 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

OK, I tried the Chaos jacket on again. They only had M, L and XXL.

They only had one Comp II jacket in M.

I usually wear a Large and compared the Chaos to a similar jacket -- this one:
Harley Heritage jacket

The HEritage jacket in large fit me perfectly. The Chaos jacket was too snug. When I raied my arms up I could feel it get tight around the arms and underarms area. I probably would have needed an XL, but they had none to compare.

So in my opinion, a LArge in it is not quite as roomy as a Large on other jackets.

So take that for what is worth.

In the end, I may just look at the Nylon FXRG jacket, or that Heritage jacket I linked to.

Quick Reply: New HD seasonal jacket...Not available???