General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is an Addiction

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011 | 05:31 PM
Galdog
|
Road Warrior

Torquey, yea.... It is an addiction, no doubt!

Old 02-09-2011 | 05:57 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Shredd522
I like the way you think. Can i borrow your dremel <TWITCH>....
Maybe...<twitch>

I am definately more of the 'do-it-yourself' type of person. Buying upgrades is fun but for me nothing beats something you did yourself or taking something that was meant for a different role and making it work for you the way you want it to...

Now all I have do do is learn to weld, get some powder coating tools and a spare oven then improve my painting skills and...mwah haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...oh sorry, did that slip out? <TWITCH>

Old 02-09-2011 | 06:05 PM
dakota0712
Tourer

Hi my name is Phil and yes.. I'm passionate addict......for the freedom my ride gives me!

Attached Thumbnails This is an Addiction-start-bike.jpg   This is an Addiction-ride.jpg  
Old 02-09-2011 | 06:07 PM
chamokie
Supporter

Owning a Harley is like flying, once in your blood there is no turning back. I have a lot of "bolt on chrome" on mine, some safety stull like front and rear crash bars etc, but mostly goodies to hear people say "oh wow". That is the way it is.

Old 02-10-2011 | 02:57 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by frenchman
I'm not addicted. I could quit if I wanted to...

Old 02-10-2011 | 02:58 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member

my name is sean ! i am a harley addict

Old 02-10-2011 | 04:51 AM
toad6301
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Maclugie
Went to the dealer last weekend looking for some "stuff." I asked the parts guy what he had in the back and he said what do you have in mind. Chrome, I said. He said, if it's not in back I can order some for you. I told him you don't understand, I need it now!

That is it, for sure " CHROMES is good for the soul "

Old 02-10-2011 | 05:24 AM
NutterFLH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
Its not an "ADDICTION" It is however a "PASSION...........Ask me how I know?
Oh..It looks to me like You are Harley-addicted Addiction Therapist, trying to "clear" Yourself by saying it`s just a "passion".

I think it is addiction. I`m not a therapist but I know that. Or , I call it addiction because it`s easier to explain to others. People ask me - What is it all about? I say - don`t know, Im addicted to motorcycles. Stupid question - simple answer.

I`ve tried alcohol, drugs and motorcycles. Got addicted to mc`s only as I did not have enough spare time to play with A.and D.

Look at this:
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...-connection-3/

Old 02-10-2011 | 09:00 AM
Robbie13
LOSER

Originally Posted by TXSwede
Just a thought on the 'wet is wet' statement on riding with no front fender. Quite a few years ago I drove a friends chopper home from the bar when he had a few too many. There was a light drizzle going on but enough for a steady stream of rainwater mixed with oil, dirt, gasoline, anti freeze and whatever else putrid crap that hits the road to hit me square in the face. So don't tell me 'wet is wet' Yecchh
I stopped and tied a bandanna around the forks, but still!! Just say no to the 'Easy Rider Chopper' look.
He asked my opinion. I gave it. My bike is not stretched out nor am I trying to imitate anybody. I did what I like regardless of how you or anybody else feels about it. You keep your fender and that should solve the problems you have with getting dirty or wet.

Old 02-10-2011 | 03:34 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

My comments had nothing to do with your bike, its badass. Why would you think I meant your bike when I said Easy Rider Chopper? I was commenting on the 'wet is wet' comment only.

Quick Reply: This is an Addiction