General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle jacking (not what you think)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:13 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,071 Likes on 17,937 Posts

Originally Posted by ftanner
In Arizona, Castle Doctrine applies to your vehicle as well as your home. There are provisions in it that prevent a civil suit from being filed against you by anyone associated with the criminal.

Man this f*cked up state needs that big time , most of mexico would move back to mexico if there was a chance they would get capped doing the usual **** that goes on around here . You can't even slap them around some if you catch one in your car or garage without major legal grief .

Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
Really! That would definitely be a great tactic; and one that may sway the scumbags away from stealing your scoot.

I cannot understand all of the “just give the bike to the criminal”, “insurance will cover it”, or “it ain’t worth it” comments.

When a criminal is pointing a gun at you, how can anyone know that he won’t intentionally cause you bodily harm? I’m not a mind reader. To me, the rules just changed.

When it’s 10:30AM, broad daylight and some scumbag is pointing a gun at me demanding my scoot, I know what my reaction would be (as well as my subsequent actions).

I have a bad habit of breathing and I want to keep feeding said habit. There’s never a guarantee that a carjacker won’t shoot or kill you; never. Those that think otherwise are just fooling themselves and playing Russian roulette with a gun in a criminal’s hand.

Whether one has theft insurance or not; when the carjacker pulls the trigger, it won’t matter anyway…
OK I hear your rage, but I don't see how you can win either way, especially when in this case it was 2 against one. Did the other guy in the truck also have a gun aimed at the guy in the article? He was in a very bad situation.

Last edited by oldncrzy; 02-11-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been several posts from people who have actually been in harm's way or who have to live with shooting someone. It's not a Rambo movie. I carry, but I am grateful I haven't had to kill. And I agree- there's always a beautiful bike new at the candy store. Just sayin'

Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,349 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Webb
...there's always a beautiful bike new at the candy store. Just sayin'

Yes provided he doesn't drop the hammer on you because you, as the victim, can identify him. In which case you shiny new bikes becomes a shiny new casket

Old 02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
ctbird53
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rick-e
You are correct sir, I posted my reply before I read all of the other posts. Here in NY where I am permitted to carry the laws are more restrictive.
I'm sure there are many who will disagree with me, but I don't think I would shoot someone to protect property, especially insured property.
Shoot the scumbag & he wont be jackin any more scooters...and theres the deterrent factor. If would be bike jackers think they might get their a$$ shot off they will think twice. Also works for would be murders, rapists, thieves & such IMHO

Old 07-07-2011, 09:52 PM
firebolt
Stage I

Had a similar instance occur this evening. Stopped at a stop sign and a SUV pulled along side (not behind but beside me on a 2 lane road) a person jumped out and charged me, I hit the gas and accelerated around the corner just before being tackled. The SUV followed me a little ways and then I accelerated out of the there. Went to contact the police but my cell phone was non-operational (could not make an out going phone, very strange). Once I got home I contacted the police but got blown off by the officer at the desk (iphone became operational after a while, reception was fine in the area I was in).

Old 07-07-2011, 10:02 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by firebolt
Had a similar instance occur this evening. Stopped at a stop sign and a SUV pulled along side (not behind but beside me on a 2 lane road) a person jumped out and charged me, I hit the gas and accelerated around the corner just before being tackled. The SUV followed me a little ways and then I accelerated out of the there. Went to contact the police but my cell phone was non-operational (could not make an out going phone, very strange). Once I got home I contacted the police but got blown off by the officer at the desk (iphone became operational after a while, reception was fine in the area I was in).
In Arizona, it would have been legal to shoot and kill this man and his accomplice. Here, the Castle Doctrine applies to our motor vehicles as well.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Xube
There have been several posts from people who have actually been in harm's way or who have to live with shooting someone. It's not a Rambo movie. I carry, but I am grateful I haven't had to kill. And I agree- there's always a beautiful bike new at the candy store. Just sayin'
My ex gives me a hard time because when I hear, what sounds like, gunfire, I always go grab one of my weapons and head out to see if I can help out the victim.

She asks me what I am trying to prove. I tell her that I'm not trying to prove anything. That when seconds count, the police are minutes away and if I can help someone from being killed, it's my moral obligation to do so. Even though I am no longer in the military, I took an oath to defend this country against all enemies foreign and domestic. The way I see it, criminals are domestic enemies of society.

I don't want to be the guy that has to look someone's family in their eyes and say, "I could have helped him, but I didn't."

Old 07-07-2011, 10:22 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

I would have drove off if I could even on the side walk. If they gun man wanted blood he would have shot him after he took the bike. If the old lady was with me after a fight I would still drive off. If she was nice and petted daddy's big boy before the event then I would give the gun man the bike.

Bike jacking is dangerous. Me and a group of guys saw 4 big mfers picking up a bike to throw it in the back of a truck. We rolled up and I started to get off but my bud pulled his Beretta 9MM. Criminals left. I asked him if he would have shot him he stated O YEA. Gun was not registered ha ha ha. I play with a easier group of guys now.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ftanner
My ex gives me a hard time because when I hear, what sounds like, gunfire, I always go grab one of my weapons and head out to see if I can help out the victim.
I don't want to be the guy that has to look someone's family in their eyes and say, "I could have helped him, but I didn't."
I admire you and try to live up to the above. Not many men like you and me out there today. Most would lock the doors and come out after the woman was rapped or man killed. I worked at a bank and the leadership told us if the customer is fighting for his life with a bank robber do not help just leave the bank.

I told them they just as well fire me now. I will never watch an innocent person fighting for his life be killed my a criminal. I didn't gain any brownie points and I am not employed now. Really pissed upper management off. Hope I find a job soon with a Bank that is morally decent.

Quick Reply: motorcycle jacking (not what you think)