General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-twin Expo in Cincy...whi ISNT the public allowed??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default V-twin Expo in Cincy...why ISNT the public allowed??

well I really feel like an idiot now.......we made plans to come to Cincy for this, read all about it and saw the list of 250 vendors....took off work for the 4 hour drive, hotel reservations at the Millenium....thought we would hit the expo saturday and party saturday night. come home Sunday in time for the Steelers superbowl game !!!

Then the closer it got to leaving I did more checking and finally called the convention center and they said "only open to dealers, no public" !!

What is that all about?? Do they ever let the public in? I thought since it was sponsored by Easyriders it was a public event, now I am pi$$ed, so is my wife, thought we were going on a mini-vacation

Old 02-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Stash905
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a trade show. Most industries have them. It's about business not for public's entertainment.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:53 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, doesn't that beat a dead cat's ***...

I'll never even look at another EasyRider mag ever again!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

See if you can chummy up with your local dealer. they get passes to the show, or if you know anybody that sells anything in the industry for any mfg, they can get passes also, check with your Indy if you use one also

Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hoethree
See if you can chummy up with your local dealer. they get passes to the show, or if you know anybody that sells anything in the industry for any mfg, they can get passes also, check with your Indy if you use one also
heck with it, canceled reservations, going to Chicago instead to the http://paragonspromotion.com/events/...cago-illinois/ ........

I always thought the V-twin Expo was for the public.....guess thats what I get for thinking!!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by hd2009man
heck with it, canceled reservations, going to Chicago instead to the http://paragonspromotion.com/events/...cago-illinois/ ........

I always thought the V-twin Expo was for the public.....guess thats what I get for thinking!!
You won't be missing anything. These vendors don't want anything to do with the public. They're there to get shops etc to be dealers for their stuff and that's all. And the stuff you'd see isn't worth the time or money to look at.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bingee
You won't be missing anything. These vendors don't want anything to do with the public. They're there to get shops etc to be dealers for their stuff and that's all. And the stuff you'd see isn't worth the time or money to look at.
thanks for that info Bingee.....made it up to Chicago for that show though.....can't say I would do that again either, more foreign people selling crap than good motorycle parts deals. I did get a good buy on Street Magic led's & load equalizer for my bike, $20 cheaper than Custom Dynamics or Ride Time technology, plus a lifetime warranty thru the dealer in IN....lot of swap meet parts, wasn't looking for that and lots of off-brand leathers, luggage. oh well.....will remember about the V-Twin expo.....

There were alot of sharp custom builds.........one highlight

Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i used to go every year with the shop i worked at.it was pretty good,and no crowds..it was dealer only..the last year they went,they forgot to order my pass and i was left behind

Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Same for the SEMA show in Vegas every year. Dealers and vendors only. It's a pretty cool show to get into though, if you can.