General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some strong sound advise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I can advise you that what you need is "advice"

Old 02-02-2011, 02:44 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

So what's the plan after the smoke clears? You gonna get another Harley or maybe something else? Victory? Honda? Sportster?

Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Beak
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 132 Posts

Doesnt Harley still make the Sportster??

Old 02-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Rooster37
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an issue with my bike and they tried to play hardball with me, but gave in. It is a business and they are not going to give nothing away it they dont have too. I too got a real cold shoulder from Harley. I really came close to getting another bike. (Import)..... Once it got worked out though my dealer stepped up and came through when it counted. Hope you get it all take care of and still want a Harley by the end of it all. By the way, dealt with the lemon law on a car once, I understand your pain. Good luck

Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 800 lemonlaw

they advertise in pa. maybe they can point you in the right direction

Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hire an attorney and let him do his job...stay out of it. nice and reasonable will get you no where.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If you trust your attorney is knowledgeable then follow his/her advice. If not, get a different attorney. HD knows the minute it goes to suit it will cost them far more to defend then to make it "right" if your case has merit.

Sounds like they are stringing you along hoping to wear you out. I am not a MOCO basher, they are just playing the game. You will have to do the same it would seem.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 PM
yljkt
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
If you trust your attorney is knowledgeable then follow his/her advice. If not, get a different attorney. HD knows the minute it goes to suit it will cost them far more to defend then to make it "right" if your case has merit.

Sounds like they are stringing you along hoping to wear you out. I am not a MOCO basher, they are just playing the game. You will have to do the same it would seem.
X2. Just let the mouthpiece do the work. it will all fall into place. And they will have to pay YOUR attorney's bills. Sort of like a divorce

Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Sue 'em! Especially if you're attorney is advising you to. You're not doing yourself or anyone else any good by playing nice. If you sue and win, you create a precedent. Sue for as much as you can, too. Not just the minimum it takes to for you to be satisfied or just to get a new bike. If stick it to 'em and make it hurt, perhaps they'll pay up when the next guy comes along who gets a lemon and wants them to make it right, seeing how much it cost them last time. It's not personal. You don't have to be a ***** about it. That's your attorney's job. You're just getting what you're entitled to under the law. Sit back and let him do the work. In any case, if it were me, I'd sue their asses for all I could get, but in the end I'd turn around and buy a Harley again. That way, if I ever had a problem again, they'd see me comin' from miles away...
Now go get 'em, tiger!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,651 Likes on 2,536 Posts

That's why I never buy new--much better off buying something that's a couple years old in mint condition from a private seller.--all the bugs have been worked out, & you don't have to pay stupid dealers fees & such. never seen a company treat their customers worse than the Dave. I know from experience that companies like Hyundai & Saturn bend over backwards for their customers to make them happy. Harley KNOWS their customers won't go to another brand no matter how badly they are treated.

Quick Reply: Need some strong sound advise!!!