General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surprise in the Mail today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005 | 04:34 PM
tizone
|
Tourer
Default Surprise in the Mail today...

I just wanted to pass this on. I was just thinking today how surprised I was that I never received a follow up call from my dealership regarding the recent purchase of my 15th Anni Fatboy. Today I received a box in the mail from the Dealership with a very nice surprise in it. Amongst a lot of advertisements & such was a beautiful Glass plaque. It has a very nice color photo background of a long, straight road with a picture of a black 15th Anni Fatboy on it. At the top it reads Custom Made for *and has my full name* At the bottom it says Anniversary Fatboy, 2005 Vin # *lists my bikes VIN* and then lists the name of the dealership.

The lettering is all neatly etched into the glass!

It is really nice looking and I love it since this is my very first Harley Davidson!

I thought that this was a nice touch. Has anyone else seen or heard of this from a HD dealership?

Old 06-27-2005 | 05:15 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Surprise in the Mail today...

I got the same type of plaque from L.A. H-D when I bought my RKC back in Feb of this year. Mine has my bike in it's actual color , VIN etc except with a US flag background. Looks pretty cool on the shelf behind the desk in my office.

Old 06-27-2005 | 06:30 PM
chunks
Road Captain

Man. How does one get one of those?
I just got a new 05 Fat Boy, but nothing in the mail

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:38 PM
wingnut79
Advanced

I got something similar. Is a glasslike V-twin on a base with my name and VIN. Dealership is engraved into the air filter cover of the vtwin.

Not a bad little touch from HD sales.

Kent

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:59 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Shorty after I got my Springer, they sent me some stuff in the mail that I never expected to get. It was a surprise to me also. I realize that Harleys cost a lot of money and the things that the dealership sends out to thank us for buying their bikes may not seem like much, but I think that it is a great when I receive little things like that to show their appreciation for us buying their bikes. I think that it's nice for PR.

Old 06-28-2005 | 01:22 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

When I got mine, all I got was a free T shirt! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???

Old 06-28-2005 | 01:29 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Howdy bikergirl, maybe there's more to come. Some of the things that were sent to me, didn't all come at the same time.

Old 06-28-2005 | 01:33 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Bought it in 2002...I think that was it for me. I shouldn't complain, my dealership has been very good to us. We have been treated very well there...like family.

Old 06-28-2005 | 01:36 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I see your point, I didn't realize that you had your bike that long. At least you are getting good service, that's better than some that I have heard. Enjoy the ride.

Old 07-02-2005 | 12:42 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Hi,

I bought my Superglide what, about 2 weeks ago, and the local dealership, Dakota Harley Davison in Minot North Dakota has really been great! They gave me a $1,000 credit which is where I have been getting the money to do all of these upgrades i've been writing reviews about, gave me a motorcycle care video, t-shirt, a bunch of their stuff, and still treat me nice even AFTER I made the purchase!!! Also note: they sell their bikes at MSRP, so if any of you are getting the run-around by another dealership, go see these guys, here we are in July and they still have close to a dozen scooters sitting on the floor that they want to move to make room for the 2006 bikes!

joe

Quick Reply: Surprise in the Mail today...