General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else getting a lot of riding in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011 | 03:59 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

I live in Raleigh NC... and have Gerbings heated gear.... 1K in January, is a slack month....I've put about 1500 on mine, plus about 500 on the OL's bike..Saturday we reached 70 degrees. It looked like EVERY bike in the state got out for a ride

Old 02-01-2011 | 06:31 AM
BobbyD
Road Warrior

I went in the garage the other day, sat on the bike and made motorcycle noises like I was riding, does that count? Welcome to the Northeast, expecting over a foot snow over the next 48 hours.

Old 02-01-2011 | 06:35 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member

I haven't been riding as much as I would like. This winter has been pretty wet and full of snow. Unusual for Alabama. I did get out on the sporty Sunday afternoon. Next chance to ride to work will be Thursday or Friday.

Old 02-01-2011 | 06:38 AM
edilgdaor
Banned

Well, the doctor increased the limit of what I can lift and removed the stitches from the surgery. My wife just went to work and left me home today unguarded for the first time. Later I'm going to go out and see if I can actually get on the bike and try and figure out how muc it'll hurt to ride it. I'm kinda bummed about the biopsy results and a ride would be good for my spirit..

Old 02-01-2011 | 06:52 AM
RussL
Cruiser

Doing a little better with the warm temps we just had. I have ear problems that prevent me from riding much in cold weather, but last weekend was really nice. Didn't really go anywhere, just local, mostly 40-50mph cruising on the Road King. Got a little over fifty miles in Saturday. Heh, the good thing about riding locally is that whenever I get tired I'm only ten minutes from home wherever I am. I was gonna get the Sporty out Sunday, but ended up too worn out after hiking that day. Soon, though, soon.

Hiya Rickey, I see we're neighbors. I'm in Cayce.

Old 02-01-2011 | 07:26 AM
superwoody2
Advanced

O.K., that's it!!!
Dear Mr. Administrator,
On behalf of us who live north of an E-W line running from the southern border of Oregon to the northern border of North Carolina, we propose you totally ban any posts, remarks, or stories involving the words and/or numbers as follows: 50s,60s,70s, 80s, sunshine, sunny, warm, sunny & warm, beautiful riding, nice riding or any combination of said words and numbers. This is to take effect immediately and will stay enforced through the end of March.
Thank You!!!!
Moron from Michigan

Old 02-01-2011 | 07:41 AM
chopped7
Road Master

it was in the 70's when i rode saturday so i took the soft lowers off. i didn't put them back on before i went to work last night. apparently, the temps cooled monday. it was in the thirties when i rode home this morning. the soft lowers really make a difference. i froze my *** off. normally when i have them on 30's don't bother me. i guess i didn't realize how much they help because i've had them for 2 winters now. i guess i forgot how cold 34* is without them.

Old 02-01-2011 | 09:00 AM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by E N AZ
...prefer riding in the cooler weather...
Me too -- I can wear the right gear without sweating down.

Now riding several times a week, but just local. I'm a retired process safety engineer but decided to work part-time for local H&R Block franchise thru the tax season -- not much money, but it's interesting and challenging -- and we're just getting to the busiest period, so a couple of hours ride is about all I can fit into most days.

Whatever money I make will go into my road-trip funds, so I'm looking forward to hitting the road late-April(!)

Old 02-01-2011 | 09:23 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by superwoody2
O.K., that's it!!!
Dear Mr. Administrator,
On behalf of us who live north of an E-W line running from the southern border of Oregon to the northern border of North Carolina, we propose you totally ban any posts, remarks, or stories involving the words and/or numbers as follows: 50s,60s,70s, 80s, sunshine, sunny, warm, sunny & warm, beautiful riding, nice riding or any combination of said words and numbers. This is to take effect immediately and will stay enforced through the end of March.
Thank You!!!!
Moron from Michigan

Today will be a partly cloudy sunny day with a high of 74, tomorrow will be same with a high of 76!

Old 02-01-2011 | 09:24 AM
mswmn
Road Master

-24 below tonight with a -40 wind chill and snow way up past the bung hole...ahhhh NO...not getting a lot of riding in. Still lookin at 2-2 1/2 months...

Quick Reply: Anyone else getting a lot of riding in?