Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest slip on exhuast??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 659 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel_Cowboy
Here come the loud pipe *****!

Any drag pipe or take the baffles out of any muffler and it will be loud .
Samson fish tails are really loud
Yea bro im with ya but my buddy ripped the baffles out of his bike and it was running supper lean! Im trying to find companies that just sell baffles that you can replace your stock baffles that would be sweet! or just good slip ons for a good price!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Don'y listen to the haters. If you want your bike loud then do it, I hav eopen pipes on my one bike and love it-the other bike still makes so nosie with the slip on's Like was said any pipe without baffles is going to be loud. SE slip on's are not loud and I do not like them. My XL50 had a set on it when I got it and I tried everything to make them sound better and then just sold them.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:21 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Any one know of or recomend loud slip on exhaust? I was looking at the screaming eagle exhaust from harley but think their crazy wanting $449.00 for slip on you can get full exhaust for that! And ive heard the screaming eagles before their pretty quiet! Also i seen some companys like rush sell baffels.. can you just buy those baffels for the stock exhaust? I have vance and hines full exhuast on my Night train it sounds pretty good but for my next bike i think i might go with a good pair of slip on! Loud slip on!!
If U look around there's several slip-ons in the $450 price range.. not just the SE's.
Its also well known that the SE pipes are not very louder the stockers,,, DO U realize they have to meet the EPA rules on noise for them to pass to be able to use on the new SE bikes sold.!!!!!

Rush does sell baffles,,,, but their for there mufflers. U'll have to check to see if U muffer has the same size OD on the baffle..

================================================== =====
Originally Posted by PFWiz
So you don't care if they make good power?
You don't care if they sound good?
You don't care if they are well made?

All you you require is that they are the "loudest slip on exhaust".
No wonder why motorcycle noise laws are popping up faster than weeds...
================================================== =======
Originally Posted by Zakk13
Actually i do care about those things!!! But typically ALL slips ons are alot quieter than any full exhaust! Thats why i said loud slip ons because some of them are so quiet that you might as well just use the stock exhaust! But no slip ons are worth all molst $500.00 like those screaming eagles! I know alot of people that are really getting sick off harley charging rediculous prices for their stuff! Their even thinking of trading their harleys because of it for a Triumph! now i would never but im just saying people are un happy!
Actually the only quiet slip-ons I've heard is the SE's..

How do U feel about these slip on, if U think theirs no slips on are worth $450.

Check these out,,The three below list from $450 to $625.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...ouring_Dresser

[COLOR="red"] When buying parts for my bike I've checked with other makers of parts and most of the HD parts Ive bought is right in line with other top part makers on their prices..
I have found that the HD parts beats the price on most others cause I still get 15% off list price plus I've never had a HD part that didn't fit right and they've always been top quality..

Last edited by oct1949; 02-13-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What bike do you have???????????

If it's a Dyna or Softail....THUNDERHEADER 2 INTO 1...

if it's a bagger - Thunderheader thundercones, medium volume at idle... sounds like a big block chevy with open headers on accel

Old 02-01-2011, 01:35 PM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the Vance and Hines slip ons. They sound great. Much louder the stock and i think i paid about $300.00

they are in my sig pic below.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 659 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
If U look around there's several slip-ons in the $450 price range.. not just the SE's.
Its also well known that the SE pipes are not very louder the stockers,,, DO U realize they have to meet the EPA rules on noise for them to pass to be able to use on the new SE bikes sold.!!!!!

Rush does sell baffles,,,, but their for there mufflers. U'll have to check to see if U muffer has the same size OD on the baffle..

================================================== =====

================================================== =======

Actually the only quiet slip-ons I've heard is the SE's..

How do U feel about these slip on, if U think theirs no slips on are worth $450.

Check these out,,The three below list from $450 to $625.

When buying parts for my bike I've checked with other makers of parts and most of the HD parts Ive bought is right in line with other top part makers on their prices..
I have found that the HD parts beats the price on most others cause I still get 15% off list price plus I've never had a HD part that didn't fit right and they've always been top quality..

As far as a lot of other people U know that are B@#$%ing about the prices and are thinking bout selling their Harley to buy a Triumph,, because of that,, I'll just say.

GOOD BYE....
Those pipes that you high lighted that are the same or more of harleys are FULL DRESSER PIPES!!!! Their allways more!! Every other slip on i found online that where for SOFTAILS where between $149.00 and $300.00.. Not friggin $500.00. U could buy full exhaust from vance and hines for that! Why do you think people online and off line call the local dealership the local STEALERS!! Because their prices are crazy! But hey if your happy with their prices then buy all means spend away! And the people i know that are switching to triumph thats them not me i would never i think their butt ugly..and i only buy american!! but it just shows how sick people are of Harley prices..Just look at that Blackline bike that just came out MSRP WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 15,499 local STEALERS are asking $18,000 That bike isnt even worth 14,000 to me!

Old 02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Gusltd
Cruiser

We put rush slip-ons on momma's deluxe and they are LOUD! Sound really good and are built of high quality.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

For really loud exhaust leave the mufflers off,just run the head pipes.Your neibors will love you.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:52 PM
johnwyz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my Cycle Shack slip ons for about $90 and yeah, they're loud.

Attached Thumbnails Loudest slip on exhuast??-imag0182.jpg  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Headcockedsideways
Tourer

I love my Rush slipons with 2" baffles and only one bolt holds the baffle in. I can jerk both babaffles out and be running open pipes in 5 min. .

Quick Reply: Loudest slip on exhuast??