General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just send them a link to this thread, and they'll make everything alright. A bad review for Fox Creek on HDForums is going to cost them a lot more than that jacket...

Old 01-31-2011, 02:32 PM
spookeg
Intermediate

So the op doesn't even ride the blacktop. Guess he needs custom leather to keep the MUD off

Old 01-31-2011, 03:12 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by spookeg
So the op doesn't even ride the blacktop. Guess he needs custom leather to keep the MUD off
what he wants to do with the jacket is totally irrelevant. he paid for a custom cut leather jacket, and did not get what he paid for. then, instead of making it right, they want to charge him almost a hundred bucks.

i don't know about you, but that wouldn't sit well with me either. some of us don't make enough that we can fly to oregon and have a custom jacket fitted/made (not slamming on you babalu, just jealous ) and giving up a hundred bucks sucks big time. if you don't think so, let me give you my email address and you can just paypal me the hundred bucks.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:26 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

Originally Posted by zukeeper
I have a clue , you just are so determined to blindly defend a company you lose all sense of humor, why so serious ??

If you need a clue , why do people always think fox creek is a manufacturer , all they really are is a contractor , not dissing them , just sayin
Im not saying you are wrong but I dont see any proof that FC has their jackets made in any other country other than U.S.A.

Why do you keep saying through this thread they are made in Pakistan or some other country?

I only see proof they are made in the U.S.

In fact they are going to start making their chaps in house by 2011. In Independence VA

Old 01-31-2011, 03:35 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
. some of us don't make enough that we can fly to oregon and have a custom jacket fitted/made (not slamming on you babalu, just jealous )
no worries, i don't have it either, i don't wear a langlitz, but if i ever went custom i would go langlitz, and if i was ever going to spend over $1000+ on a jacket i would fly there and have mr langlitz himself measure me. if i'm going to drop that much coin i'm not leaving anything to chance. neither of those things are going to happen, i fluctuate in weight too much to bother with a custom jacket.

i'm broke as hell, just sold my beloved remington 700 bdl 30-.06 to make my mortgage payment this month, i know what it's like to be broke...

i guess the morale of my story is don't go custom leathers from a shop that doesn't even make their own jackets in house. certainly don' try to get a custom fit by telling them an anecdote rather than a professional tailor properly measuring.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VA Biker
Im not saying you are wrong but I dont see any proof that FC has their jackets made in any other country other than U.S.A.

Why do you keep saying through this thread they are made in Pakistan or some other country?

I only see proof they are made in the U.S.

In fact they are going to start making their chaps in house by 2011. In Independence VA
didnt realize I've said that throughout this thread...in fact this is only my second post in it I think lol. All i was saying is FC is a contractor . all their stuff is made by other companies . ok , here comes my pakistan comment LMAO , all the companies are in the USA , FC says they use "mom and pop" companies......so , what has happened is pakistanies immigrate to the USA and start up shop ...instant made in the USA leathers ..........

that was a joke ya'll .....I think..............

Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
...if i was ever going to spend over $1000+ on a jacket...
If I was ever going to spend over $1,000 on a jacket, I would slam my nuts with a metal pipe repeatedly until my head popped outta my ***.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
If I was ever going to spend over $1,000 on a jacket, I would slam my nuts with a metal pipe repeatedly until my head popped outta my ***.
HAHA. If I was gonna spend $1000 on a jacket it sure as hell better come with a Glock in the pocket.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:07 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil

I might pay a thousand bucks to see that!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool do your self a favor

Originally Posted by Just trails
Okay, so here is my second post where I'll address some of your concerns.
-No, I do not work for or support a competitor of Fox Creek. I am a high school science teacher and lacrosse coach in Springfield, Oregon.
-No, this is not my first leather jacket. I owned a Schott Brothers for about 20 years and stupidly got rid of it about 10 years ago. Have regretted it since,
-Why did I make this post my first? I thought I explained that. In researching leather jackets, several Google searches sent me to this site where I viewed many, mostly positive, reviews of Fox Creek Leather and their products. Reading those reviews had quite a bit of influence on my decision to go with Fox Creek. It was not my intention to come across as saying "Fox Creek Sucks" or anything close to that. As I said, and meant, their jackets are beautiful. I really wanted one. But I wanted one that had a little different fit than stock. And so had I read a similar post to the one I made here prior to ordering my jacket it might have affected my decision. Or at least how I went about doing business with them.
-No, I have not made any other posts on this topic to any other sites. However, another site I read a lot of reviews about Fox Creek on was the Fedora Lounge. Again, Google searches like "Fox Creek Leather Grayson reviews" sent me there. I have considered posting this there.
-I did not contact the owner because I thought I was more or less dealing with them. The site says it is family owned and the woman who was unhelpful is one of the ones who is in the family picture on their site so like I said I pretty much figured I was dealing with (one of) the owners.
-I spent a week writing emails back to her asking how she could say this jacket was a long, etc. to no avail. I am going to copy and paste the last one and how I finished it and how they replied:

f it were just the sleeves I would definitely take you up on your offer to fix it. But it's not just the sleeves. The jacket is truly beautiful. All the custom changes I requested were perfect. It just didn't fit. I can't tell you how much I wish it did. Please just put it in your store and get what you can for it and send me what you want. At this point I truthfully can't say if I will put the proceeds towards another try at a custom Grayson that fits me or go somewhere else. And I do mean truthfully. I really loved the look and feel of the jacket you made, but I'm sure if I ordered another I'd already have the reputation of being "difficult", and so I just don't know how that would go. I still hope and plan to buy a leather jacket at some point so you can go ahead and send me the leather care kit.

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry for the difficulty.

Their reply:

I really don't know what you tell you about the way it fit. All I know is what the trial jacket measured and what the custom measured. I am sorry that it did not work out for you. What we would be willing to do is take the custom jacket back and refund you all but the 20% restocking fee and we will try to sell it on the blowout sale. If you want to do this, you will be refunded $393.60 ($492 jacket cost minus $98.40 restocking fee). We will ship the leather care kit today.

-So, am I trying to "bash" FCL? I can't honestly say. What I can say is that I don't feel I was treated well by them and if this is how they treat people who order custom jackets then I would like to have known that in advance of placing my order. Take that for whatever you wish. And thank you to the folks who had constructive advice about where to go for a custom jacket. I may just try Schott again but they charge a lot more than FCL to make any change at all which was another reason why I went with FCL.
man your only 100 miles away from lanq, make the trip you won`t be sorry

Quick Reply: Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket