General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daltrey
I have a clue , you just are so determined to blindly defend a company you lose all sense of humor, why so serious ??

If you need a clue , why do people always think fox creek is a manufacturer , all they really are is a contractor , not dissing them , just sayin

Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by daltrey
And it is made here in America by American workers. If I wanted to spend $1000 or more on a jacket I would buy a Langlitz. In my opinion the Fox Creek jacket will offer the same amount of protection in a crash. It also has a lifetime guarantee. Money well spent.
Some guys don't get it. FC are off rack premade goods, not custom. Glad you you like your FC jacket because Trails got screwed with a misrepresented product and transaction. He ordered and paid for a custom fit jacket and got Lil Abner tailoring. Plus for his trouble, FC will charge him (restock) for the headach.

Also, How in the world can you sell mail order when the same jacket varies several inches. (Maybe because one vendor cuts corners.)

Trails, Langlitz is in Downtown Portland. You have the best custom shop in America in your back yard. If you have chance stop and visit with them and see what their shop is about. Quality second to none and fitment that is unsurpased. They can make anything you wish and their job is done when you are satisfied.

Last edited by leicafish; 01-30-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
daltrey
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zukeeper
I have a clue , you just are so determined to blindly defend a company you lose all sense of humor, why so serious ??

If you need a clue , why do people always think fox creek is a manufacturer , all they really are is a contractor , not dissing them , just sayin
I've spent more on racing leathers than some of my bikes have cost. I've also came from riding sportbikes that it was necessary. I just don't see the need in spending that type of money on leathers on these slow bikes. Fox Creek makes jackets that are meant for protection and for the price you're not gonna do any better. I also make it a point to buy american made.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Just trails
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, leicafish, I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. I'll be in Portland for some games this Spring so I will try to check them out. And I have to say, I'm really impressed with the quality of folks on this site. I know some people get worked up when they think you are attacking a product they own or the company that sells it. No worries. But it probably wouldn't be a good idea to dis HD here huh? Definitely just kidding!:-) I used to ride street years ago, hence the Schott, but have only ridden dirt with my son lately. However, I've been in the HD dealership more and more over the past year or so. I keep telling myself, no way. But a big part of the reason I started thinking leather again was "just in case" I wanted to take a test ride. Oh well. One thing is for sure, if I do go street again it will definitely be on a Harley.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Trails, Keep posting and and reading, I had my hands in my pockets brief time until my children got older.

That whole Pacific Northwest area is just some beautiful riding territory. Be sure to stop at the creamery in tillamook for an ice cream. Us Harley guys have been known to run a 100 miles for a burger or dessert.

But no matter riding is riding.

Take care and Welcome to the board

Old 01-30-2011, 09:52 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I saw this thread a few hours ago. Then left to meet my family at the movies to see The Machanic...it was too nice to not ride my moto..but that is another story.

Trail, hold your ground in the matter (as in this forum). You should have just MF'ed the Motor Company along with FC and added something to the effect about someones mother or daughter. It just will not go well. But again, hang in there. You are right in the sense that YOU ordered a custom jacket, but got a factory cut jacket. BS that is it.

Did you bash FC? No. I feel you did not. You simply notified people to remember that when you are dealing with a company read the fine print and review the order before placing the charge on your card or mail the money. What you went through is one reason I did not go with FC when I purchased my leather. It is too big of a company to really care about your needs.

I went the lone road away from the masses of confusion about branding and bought a Lil Joes Legendary Leather. Called gave him my measurements, he gave me my choices, then I ordered. Great jacket fits well no complaints. Well just one. The nerve of those people at Lil Joes, can you believe they sent me a Christmas Card thanking me for my business and wishing me success for the coming year?!? The nerve! (sarcasm people, sarcasm; but that really happened. Did not expect it and I will return for more leather from them).

Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 PM
redmonster13
Road Captain

I ordered a custom jacket over the phone from them and it fits excellent. To the guy who bothered with the math, yes it is about 5 Franklins.

Sorry to hear about the OP's problems, I would have talked to the owner but I understand being frustrated with customer service issues. I have had good luck with Fox Creek but I guess they arent 100% in the service area.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 1hellbent

Well done Just Trails, let me be one of the first to say; Welcome to the forum!
Bullshit! The ******* in post #6 was the first...

Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Plow64
first post: hidden agenda....
Yeah... you had to read between the lines to discover he was displeased with his experience in buying a custom jacket from Fox Creek.

BTW Trails... Welcome to the "Bitches with Bikes" Harley forums. When you are done with this thread, you can participate in one of the more meaningful threads where metrosexual bikers bitch about what other bikers are wearing, while telling you what they wear doesn't matter.

Last edited by MidnitEvil; 01-31-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:12 AM
E N AZ
Road Captain

Leather jacket discussions on hdforums almost always turn hostile.

Quick Reply: Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket