General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 07:34 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlamedFXR
The only reason he came on this forum is to bitch about something.
He lost $98 and a little faith in humanity....lifes too short.
He may be bitching, but he’s being polite about it and he’s sharing his experience that could be helpful to others.

Hopefully, anyone getting ready to buy leathers anywhere online will read this. It’s a good reminder to cover your *** when it comes to merchant policy.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:38 PM
daltrey
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zukeeper
the folks in pakistan that make the jackets for fox creek don't understand English measurements ...you should have used centimeters not inches
You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/about/usa

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/60-me...orcycle-jacket

Last edited by daltrey; 01-30-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
E N AZ
Road Captain

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Fox Creek Leathers. I personally had the opposite experience. The first jacket they sent me was not quite right. I called them and talked to their customer support and they expedited another jacket out to me. The second jacket fit perfectly. I'm very satisfied with both their jacket and customer support.

Last edited by E N AZ; 01-31-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,965 Likes on 22,550 Posts

Originally Posted by FlamedFXR
The only reason he came on this forum is to bitch about something.
He lost $98 and a little faith in humanity....lifes too short.
Yep, just trying to discredit Fox Creek.. nothin' more nothin' less.

Some people just don't get it...and I'll bet he's posted this on other sites as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does not even post here again..

Old 01-30-2011, 08:08 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by daltrey
Originally Posted by lionsm13
Yep, just trying to discredit Fox Creek.. nothin' more nothin' less.

Some people just don't get it...and I'll bet he's posted this on other sites as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does not even post here again..
Nothing to discredit, they award there stock purchases to the cheapest cost vendor like any other reseller. The manufacturer with the lowest cost gets the contract. They resell someone elses jacket. That is a fact, they are not manufactures of jackets or custom jackets.

Some people don't get it!! That is just BS that they would charge a restock fee for a custom jacket that does not fit. What good is a jacket with Lil Abner fitment.

Last edited by leicafish; 01-30-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Big question is, what else is he going to contribute to this forum? Will he be a one post wonder?

Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Just trails
6th Gear

Okay, so here is my second post where I'll address some of your concerns.
-No, I do not work for or support a competitor of Fox Creek. I am a high school science teacher and lacrosse coach in Springfield, Oregon.
-No, this is not my first leather jacket. I owned a Schott Brothers for about 20 years and stupidly got rid of it about 10 years ago. Have regretted it since,
-Why did I make this post my first? I thought I explained that. In researching leather jackets, several Google searches sent me to this site where I viewed many, mostly positive, reviews of Fox Creek Leather and their products. Reading those reviews had quite a bit of influence on my decision to go with Fox Creek. It was not my intention to come across as saying "Fox Creek Sucks" or anything close to that. As I said, and meant, their jackets are beautiful. I really wanted one. But I wanted one that had a little different fit than stock. And so had I read a similar post to the one I made here prior to ordering my jacket it might have affected my decision. Or at least how I went about doing business with them.
-No, I have not made any other posts on this topic to any other sites. However, another site I read a lot of reviews about Fox Creek on was the Fedora Lounge. Again, Google searches like "Fox Creek Leather Grayson reviews" sent me there. I have considered posting this there.
-I did not contact the owner because I thought I was more or less dealing with them. The site says it is family owned and the woman who was unhelpful is one of the ones who is in the family picture on their site so like I said I pretty much figured I was dealing with (one of) the owners.
-I spent a week writing emails back to her asking how she could say this jacket was a long, etc. to no avail. I am going to copy and paste the last one and how I finished it and how they replied:

f it were just the sleeves I would definitely take you up on your offer to fix it. But it's not just the sleeves. The jacket is truly beautiful. All the custom changes I requested were perfect. It just didn't fit. I can't tell you how much I wish it did. Please just put it in your store and get what you can for it and send me what you want. At this point I truthfully can't say if I will put the proceeds towards another try at a custom Grayson that fits me or go somewhere else. And I do mean truthfully. I really loved the look and feel of the jacket you made, but I'm sure if I ordered another I'd already have the reputation of being "difficult", and so I just don't know how that would go. I still hope and plan to buy a leather jacket at some point so you can go ahead and send me the leather care kit.

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry for the difficulty.

Their reply:

I really don't know what you tell you about the way it fit. All I know is what the trial jacket measured and what the custom measured. I am sorry that it did not work out for you. What we would be willing to do is take the custom jacket back and refund you all but the 20% restocking fee and we will try to sell it on the blowout sale. If you want to do this, you will be refunded $393.60 ($492 jacket cost minus $98.40 restocking fee). We will ship the leather care kit today.

-So, am I trying to "bash" FCL? I can't honestly say. What I can say is that I don't feel I was treated well by them and if this is how they treat people who order custom jackets then I would like to have known that in advance of placing my order. Take that for whatever you wish. And thank you to the folks who had constructive advice about where to go for a custom jacket. I may just try Schott again but they charge a lot more than FCL to make any change at all which was another reason why I went with FCL.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
daltrey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by leicafish
Nothing to discredit, they award there stock purchases to the cheapest cost vendor like any other reseller. The manufacturer with the lowest cost gets the contract. They resell someone elses jacket. That is a fact, they are not manufactures of jackets or custom jackets.
And it is made here in America by American workers. If I wanted to spend $1000 or more on a jacket I would buy a Langlitz. In my opinion the Fox Creek jacket will offer the same amount of protection in a crash. It also has a lifetime guarantee. Money well spent.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:59 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

I'd say you got screwed & I would be on the phone with the top exec in the company. I also would dispute the charge on my CC. After reading both of the OP's post I don't think he was at fault and FC handled it very poorly. As for all you "agenda" posters maybe you all work for Fox Creek! Ridiculous answers!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Dustball
Road Master

Originally Posted by daltrey

Yep. I have bought many things from FC over the years, and it's all extremely high quality stuff. I have had an issue with sizing myself, and they responded with multiple jackets asking that I return (at my cost) what I didn't like. IMHO their customer service has no peer.

-Dusty

Quick Reply: Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket