Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,562 Likes on 22,446 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex42
Maybe his first post should have been about some mundane topic, which might have satisfied all you nay sayers but I really doubt it. Just because he dosen't have 3000 post he becomes suspect.
To the OP, whether your first post or 5000th, your point was well made and good advise for all of us to heed.
Not really.. Usually folks come on to a site and introduce themselves first and get to know the locals.
That's usually protocol, much as going into a bar you'e never been too and bitchin' about the service,
even though it's your first time in the bar..

I think it a lot out of character for someone to come on to this site and ramble on about a friggin' coat.. Good post or not...
Maybe his intention was to get Fox Creek's attention.. if they read on this site.. which they may or may not..

However, I wouldn't be surprised if this exact same post is on other motorcycle enthusiast sites either, in fact I would almost bet on it.

Last edited by lionsm13; 01-30-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:17 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 338 Likes on 194 Posts

That is quite the rant. Have you ever bought a leather jacket before, or just three piece suits? An inch in the waist, a couple off the sleeves? Sounds like the first one was just about perfect but you wanted a little smaller so they went from a 42L to a 42R.
Are you planning on wearing it riding or in a fashion show?

Old 01-30-2011, 06:39 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why does a first post have to be a intro anything you guys need to grow up this is a friggin forum, and he was nicer than i would of been but as previous posted mentioned thats why i also have a langlitz, they would of replaced without a question, you guys all seem to get into a lockstep thing here if someone says anything neg, the back of your hair stands up

Old 01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With some of you people....there is just no satisfying. Seems like there is always people out there ready to criticize the poor bastard that has the guts to start a thread.

Bashing? I hardly think this is bashing! On the contrary, I think that guy was incredibly polite and he even compliments their quality! He writes a complete sequence of events and even posts pictures! Are you F**king kidding me!?!

I hardly think it matters how many posts the guy has. So what… now there’s an initiation period? This is not the forum section for saying “hi”, would it have made a difference if it was his second post? Nah…some of you just feel the need to rag on people.

I personally think the OP did a very good job at describing his experience. He obviously put forth some effort and after all….. it is his thread!

Well done Just Trails, let me be one of the first to say; Welcome to the forum!

I’m sure that as with most people that have come aboard here, you probably lurked for a while before making your first post. And if that’s the case, then you already know that there are some really descent people here with much information to share. But along with that, and as well as any other forum, you get the people that have little to contribute in anything other than criticism.

Last edited by 1hellbent; 01-30-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't see ordering a custom tailored jacket over the phone but you would think they'd verify the order with you before making the jacket. I also think you should have asked them the procedure if it didn't fit before you ordered the jacket. In other words, was it returnable at no cost to yourself.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:15 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

If 20% was 98 bucks then that jacket cost close to 5 Franklins. Damn man, you pay half a grand for a custom fit jacket over the internet? You got more guts than I do.

Welcome to the form.

Don't mind some of the skeptics here...it's winter, we all get a little cranky.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 694 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
why does a first post have to be a intro anything you guys need to grow up this is a friggin forum, and he was nicer than i would of been but as previous posted mentioned thats why i also have a langlitz, they would of replaced without a question, you guys all seem to get into a lockstep thing here if someone says anything neg, the back of your hair stands up

The only reason he came on this forum is to bitch about something.
He lost $98 and a little faith in humanity....lifes too short.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Big L
Road Warrior

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts

All I got from this thread is that Fox creek is an actual vendor for someone else? Or do they actually make/custom leather on site?

Old 01-30-2011, 07:27 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the folks in pakistan that make the jackets for fox creek don't understand English measurements ...you should have used centimeters not inches

Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seeing the way that jacket fit I sure wouldn't be happy either. Although I'd love to hear Fox Creek's side of the story too.

As they say, there are three sides to every story. Your side, their side and the truth.

Quick Reply: Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket