General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:48 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Not sure why your first post is a complaint but if things are as you say they are it looks like the vendor in question made a mistake and should work to resolve the issue. I will give you credit for your compliments about the quality of their products and that you don't advise not doing business with them "But buyer beware". That bit of advice should be for anytime you purchase a big ticket item no matter who you are dealing with. Good luck and ride safe!

Old 01-30-2011, 03:50 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

That must be the Lil Abner style jacket from the hills of virginia.
In virginia that is the way they are supposed to fit.

What is the difference whether 1st or 100th post. I was not aware of the rule for new posters.

Seriously if you want custom fit buy from a custom shop, Fox Creek is a reseller of someones elses goods.

Can't believe they would charge you a resocking fee for a custom jacket they screwed up.

Last edited by leicafish; 01-30-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Plow64
first post: hidden agenda....
And one hellofa long one at that!

Old 01-30-2011, 04:33 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

That is the major compliant I have heard about Fox Creek. Contact the owner, see if you cant get this resolved. Any time I did business with them it has had a positive out come. Sorry for your problems.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:46 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't mind getting a custom leather jacket, but I'd have to try it on before I buy it.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:33 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plow64
first post: hidden agenda....
maybe he actually works for a competitor of Fox Creek? Raise his company up by bringing others down? I've seen it before in business. Things that make you go hhhmmm...

Old 01-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess that's one of the problems with selling everything on line. No way you are going to satisfy 100 percent of your customers, especially if they have a unique body style that requires custom design. I've purchased many products from Fox Creek and even sent a jacket back for a different size. From my experience, their customer service is great and their product is top quality.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Tex42
Cruiser

Maybe his first post should have been about some mundane topic, which might have satisfied all you nay sayers but I really doubt it. Just because he dosen't have 3000 post he becomes suspect.
To the OP, whether your first post or 5000th, your point was well made and good advise for all of us to heed.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:55 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex42
Maybe his first post should have been about some mundane topic, which might have satisfied all you nay sayers but I really doubt it. Just because he dosen't have 3000 post he becomes suspect.
To the OP, whether your first post or 5000th, your point was well made and good advise for all of us to heed.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:56 PM
daltrey
Cruiser

I hate to pass judgment without hearing the other side of the story having dealt with Fox Creek myself. But you should call and ask to speak with the owner of the business and not the sales staff. I have the same jacket in 42 long and I'm 6'2 and 180. I also sent back the first jacket in a size regular because it was too short at the waist just like in your pictures. If you did indeed ask for the custom jacket to be cut in a tall and they sent you a regular then ask to speak directly with the owner. It does little good to come on and bash an honest company.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it. This jacket is every bit as well built as my expensive racing leathers.

Edit: Also you should expect it to fit a lil snug until it breaks in. Loose fitting leather is about as useless as not having leather on at all. Of course that's my take from having slid down pavement at close to 100 mph. When you're off the bike you can unzip it if you like it loose.

Last edited by daltrey; 01-30-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket