Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Sun Devil
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a stock 42L from FC about a year ago that is way smaller than I thought. Excepted the risk of on-line buying. but definitely disappointed. Saving it for my 10 year old son. Should fit him in 2 years.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:29 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,990 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Originally Posted by cficole
I think IdahoHacker's point is that posts like the one that started this thread raise questions for a lot of us who read them. While a manufacturer can "explain" its side of a problem, there's nothing that can make a prospective buyer feel more comfortable than the original poster coming back to report that the manufacturer made it right, and took care of him. Anything less, and there's still going to be some question, and some lost sales, regardless of who's in the right.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Fox Creek Leather
We understand your hesitation. However, we have a procedure to prevent these kind of things from happening. We send out a trial jacket first, we ask the customer to call us while they still have the trial to discuss the alterations they would like done (example: if you have 1 inch taken off the sleeve or body length) we will measure the exact jacket you tried on, and that is what we base the measurements for your special off of.

Please contact us at 800-766-4165 or email us at customerservice@foxcreekleather.com if you would like to discuss options, or have any questions that we can answer for you.
I do appreciate your thoughtful reply to my comments.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:47 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I certainly understand not wanting to wait 8 weeks on a special (it's already getting into the 20s here) but I wanted to make sure that you know we would do our best to make your jacket as you want it and get get it to you as soon as possible.
I'm just one of those odd shapes, and with shipping back and forth I just think I'm going to need to go local where I can try stuff on. It just gets to expensive after a point.

Like I said though, it was a nice jacket.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

I'm glad your wife likes her jacket. Please let us know if we can help you with sizing when you are ready to get your own jacket. I have chaps but I've been told that the overpants really keep you warm

Yeah, we are not chaps wearing people which is why I am glad you have the overpants.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:35 AM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will chime in here with my experience with FCL. I have purchased 2 leather jackets, 1 pair of chaps, 4 pair of gloves, 4 belts, 1 vest... I think that is all. Never had any issues. I did order the wrong size once, my mistake. They sent me the right size out that day and just asked I send the wrong sized jacket back when I got the new one they sent out. That is customer service you don't find often. I will be buying another vest from them shortly and I swear by their quality and customer service.

Keep up the good work, FCL.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:50 PM
rkc915
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That was my experience as well. I ordered according to their measurements and it was too small. My mistake though because I did not take into account the armor. Gave them a call and they sent a larger size and I sent the original back. No hassles no problems. Granted it wasn't a custom order but I will buy from them again and I have recommended their products to many others who have been very impressed with the styling and quality of my jacket.