General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major complaint with Fox Creek Leather Custom Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 12:43 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

don't take offense, was not a slam, nothing at all wrong with lurking (imo). though, i would say that after 3 years, you won't be 'new' to the sport anymore and will have more to contribute.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:17 PM
georgewerr
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
don't take offense, was not a slam, nothing at all wrong with lurking (imo). though, i would say that after 3 years, you won't be 'new' to the sport anymore and will have more to contribute.

I joined here in March 2014 as this is when I started to look into a bike picked my Road King up 2 months ago and got my license October of 2014 so yes I do consider this new to the sport. and thanks to you guys I am learning a lot. thank you for everything everyone on here post as this site is very helpfull

Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Just trails
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just to end the suspense!

Hi Guys, It's me, the OP to this thread. I was just lurking and got pulled into a thread on jackets and saw my original thread with a reply from YESTERDAY! I couldn't believe that so I opened up the last few pages and saw some pretty funny replies about not being able to stand the suspense, etc. Well here it is. I now own 2 Schott Brothers jackets, plus a Street and Steal or something like that and also a vest. I also ordered and bought a brand new 2012 Super Glide Custom in August, 2011. I took possession of it on the first or second of October, 2011. I'm not sure how to post a pic of it but it is big blue pearl with V & H slip ons, Stage 1, Carlini drag bars, mag wheels, forward controls, SS cables, and couple of other minor mods. I love it! I'm pretty much a fair weather rider who puts on a couple thousand miles a year. But I love every one of them. My son, the one I was riding dirt with 4 years ago and who got all this started by dragging me into the HD dealerships back then to look at "jackets," is now 18 and endorsed. Last Saturday we went to the dealership so he could ride a couple of used sportsters and they also let him ride a new Iron. I rode them all too. It was a blast. He rides my FXDC every now and then under pretty controlled conditions and definitely wants one of his own. I'm nervous about that but understand it completely. He's a good rider and I owned my first street bike when I was 18.

So there you have it. For all you guys who were supportive and non judgmental about me and why I made that original post, thank-you. Trails.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:15 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Woohoo!! Glad you dropped back in, and glad you're still riding!

Stay safe, and your son as well.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Finally. A resurrected thread with an update. Wonders never cease.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Just trails
Hi Guys, It's me, the OP to this thread. I was just lurking and got pulled into a thread on jackets and saw my original thread with a reply from YESTERDAY! I couldn't believe that so I opened up the last few pages and saw some pretty funny replies about not being able to stand the suspense, etc. Well here it is. I now own 2 Schott Brothers jackets, plus a Street and Steal or something like that and also a vest. I also ordered and bought a brand new 2012 Super Glide Custom in August, 2011. I took possession of it on the first or second of October, 2011. I'm not sure how to post a pic of it but it is big blue pearl with V & H slip ons, Stage 1, Carlini drag bars, mag wheels, forward controls, SS cables, and couple of other minor mods. I love it! I'm pretty much a fair weather rider who puts on a couple thousand miles a year. But I love every one of them. My son, the one I was riding dirt with 4 years ago and who got all this started by dragging me into the HD dealerships back then to look at "jackets," is now 18 and endorsed. Last Saturday we went to the dealership so he could ride a couple of used sportsters and they also let him ride a new Iron. I rode them all too. It was a blast. He rides my FXDC every now and then under pretty controlled conditions and definitely wants one of his own. I'm nervous about that but understand it completely. He's a good rider and I owned my first street bike when I was 18.

So there you have it. For all you guys who were supportive and non judgmental about me and why I made that original post, thank-you. Trails.
Good for you dude! I love my fox creek Grayson but I also have a Schott jacket and a Dianese. All great riding jackets

Old 11-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Just trails
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's a picture of my bike.

My ride with Dexter Lake behind it.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:49 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by Just trails

My ride with Dexter Lake behind it.