General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Lien Satisfaction Letter

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:49 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Guys, this thread begs a question from me. I am in the process of buying a bike from a private seller who has it financed with EagleMark (HD Finance). He wants me to pay him his asking price but cant get the title until HE PAYS OFF EagleMark. I am uncomfortable about handing him cash and taking the bike and then waiting for him to provide me the title once he receives it from EagleMark. (My mom didnt raise no fool) How does one do this deal in a situation like this? He doesnt have the scratch himself to pay off the loan in order to get the title in hand when I show up for the purchase.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't expect it any sooner than 1 month.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Guys, this thread begs a question from me. I am in the process of buying a bike from a private seller who has it financed with EagleMark (HD Finance). He wants me to pay him his asking price but cant get the title until HE PAYS OFF EagleMark. I am uncomfortable about handing him cash and taking the bike and then waiting for him to provide me the title once he receives it from EagleMark. (My mom didnt raise no fool) How does one do this deal in a situation like this? He doesnt have the scratch himself to pay off the loan in order to get the title in hand when I show up for the purchase

Take it to a dealer and pay the paperwork charge

Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

KBFXDLI, can you elaborate?

Old 03-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Guys, this thread begs a question from me. I am in the process of buying a bike from a private seller who has it financed with EagleMark (HD Finance). He wants me to pay him his asking price but cant get the title until HE PAYS OFF EagleMark. I am uncomfortable about handing him cash and taking the bike and then waiting for him to provide me the title once he receives it from EagleMark. (My mom didnt raise no fool) How does one do this deal in a situation like this? He doesnt have the scratch himself to pay off the loan in order to get the title in hand when I show up for the purchase.
On this issue, are you using your own money from your savings? If not, I would let the bank or finance handle the title issue. Even if you DO have all of the money already in cash, can you set up a bank loan for say just 25-30% of the amount for a year and then pay it off in a couple of months so the lender would still have to deal with the title?

Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Write the check to Eaglemark. It the purchase price exceeds the loan value let EM give the seller back the difference. If the purchase doesn't cover the note, well I think I wouldn't touch that one unless the seller gives you the short fall in cash at a bank where you could then get a cashiers check to pay off the note. It can be done, but as the saying goes - buyer beware.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
zancaranthony
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by barjbar
Just paid off my Heritage about 2 weeks ago. I'll give them about a month before I call if I don't receive the letter.
How long did it actually take for you to get it?