General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watched An Old Episode of Biker Build-Off w/ Billy Lane....my thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 06:50 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by knewt5
I've seen that episode and thought they were both jerks. Lane, while he builds very cool bikes goes way out of his way to let everyone know what a bad *** biker wild man he is. Brown is a self righteous clown who in his own way wants everyone to knwo he's a badass in the lords name. That whole display of how many guns he carries was laughable. I'm willing to bet prison changes Lane's tune

I guess the whole act these people put on has just worn thin for my liking.

I preferred the Roland Sands vs Arlen Ness episode...more about the bikes.
Roland Sands bike I wanted to win...in a way, but it is Arlen Ness....Sands is a personal choice like his stuff more than the Ness Empire...

About the episode sure both could be seen as clowns, laughable...yeah. But Brown is still building and Lane is in prison...like I said, he did not need to "find" God, but if Lane would have took a minute......stopped trying to be a "badass" just maybe it would have been a different outcome later in life...maybe. It was just weird to watch.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 PM
dblkick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slyder
honestly.......if somebody said they were going to "save" me....id punch them in the throat! I dont like religion in any shape or form. Look what people have done because of religion in the last thousand years. Its started every war in some way or another. To come out and say on national tv that your going to save a man and push your beliefs on him is kinda low class IMO. Maybe Billy didnt want to be saved. Maybe Billy wants to drink himself to death....Let him. That being said.......hes a total douche for taking somebody elses life instead of his own.

WOW!!!! I didn't even get past the first few replies & this guy hit the nail on the head!!! I totally agree, No one thing has cause more death & war than religion. You all have yours, & this is mine.... As far as a DUI death.... Bad judgment, I agree... it sux. Kill yer self & don't bring others with you if you want to be stupid..

Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by slyder
honestly.......if somebody said they were going to "save" me....id punch them in the throat! I dont like religion in any shape or form. Look what people have done because of religion in the last thousand years. Its started every war in some way or another. To come out and say on national tv that your going to save a man and push your beliefs on him is kinda low class IMO. Maybe Billy didnt want to be saved. Maybe Billy wants to drink himself to death....Let him. That being said.......hes a total douche for taking somebody elses life instead of his own.
Good point.

But Brown wasn't holding a bible ready to save Lane like he was the devil's child recreated...he said he simply wanted to let him know the life path he is taking is a dark one and to think about what he is doing....maybe Brown could have approached him with out the whole God thing, but just talk biker builder to bike builder...

Lane unfortunately did not drink himself to death...he took someone elses life...

Like I said I would like to hear what Lane has to say about that whole episode now....six years later....

Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

They are just people. I am in the middle of this episode of BB right now. Hey, part of it is to make the show good. Trash talking gets viewers. My opinion...Lane is arrogant. This is not a bash, just my general impression from the image he portrayed on the show. The other guy, humble. I would rather be humble than arrogant any day, but this is TV and the dichotomy makes for a great rivalry.

Are both of these guys as they appear on the show in real life? I don't know, and really don't care. Who am I judge them anyway? Okay, I am going to watch the rest of the episode now...

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 01-26-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:06 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
They are just people. I am inteh middle of this episode of BB right now. Hey, part of it is to make the show good. Trash talking gets viewers. My opinion...Lane is arrogant. This is not a bash, just my general impression from the image he portrayed on the show. The other guy, humble. I would rather be humble than arrogant any day, but this is TV and the dichotomy makes for a great rivalry.

Are both of these guys as they appear on the show in real life? I don't know, and really don't care. Who am i judge them anyway? Okay, I am going to watch the rest of the episode now...

Drew
Drew, chime back in when you are done. I want to hear more of your opinion...on this.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:08 PM
marvin4239
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting question. I'm curious what was Billy's final sentence? He was really a talented guy and not unlike many talented people he let his lifestyle destroy his life.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:16 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hey, the guy's number was up...it was his day to die. each day we are all closer to the end. no one has the promise of tomorrow. on any given day in america, there are several people killed by drunk drivers...probably hundreds. religion has nothing to do with it.
the only thing worse than a reformed alcoholic is a born again christian. when someone tells me that they found jesus, i tell them that he was not lost.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:23 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
Roland Sands bike I wanted to win...in a way, but it is Arlen Ness....Sands is a personal choice like his stuff more than the Ness Empire...

About the episode sure both could be seen as clowns, laughable...yeah. But Brown is still building and Lane is in prison...like I said, he did not need to "find" God, but if Lane would have took a minute......stopped trying to be a "badass" just maybe it would have been a different outcome later in life...maybe. It was just weird to watch.
I liked Rolands bike soooo much better.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:33 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dan conner
hey, the guy's number was up...it was his day to die. each day we are all closer to the end. no one has the promise of tomorrow. on any given day in america, there are several people killed by drunk drivers...probably hundreds. religion has nothing to do with it.
the only thing worse than a reformed alcoholic is a born again christian. when someone tells me that they found jesus, i tell them that he was not lost.
I did mention that when your time is up it is up...no changing that or arguement there.

You are also right about the whole born again thing...it rubs me wrong too. So again no arguement.

I felt it some what sureal watching Billy' s antics six years earliers, as he is currently sitting in a jail cell fabracating license plates...for living that same lifestyle. I wondered what he would say to all of that now today. That was/is all I am saying and did not want this to turn into a bible belt bashing...'cuz that is not my intent.

So please can we not do that. I added those points to paint the entire picture as best I could of what was put on the show. I refrained from adding the everyday God for guidence in everyday life stuff....I just don' t personally have the time to entertain that stuff....

I simply saw a guy acting a fool, one more than the other....the other is currently in a jail cell....again wonder what he is thinking now?

Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by knewt5
I liked Rolands bike soooo much better.
That was a true street fighter...I really like it too. Everything about it, the style, the tank, the color....everything...again wierd as Johnny Chop...also gone. Heart gave out...lost some more talent there too.

Quick Reply: Watched An Old Episode of Biker Build-Off w/ Billy Lane....my thoughts