General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas for a Poker Run...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Any clubs with naked dancing girls in your area? That was the highlight of the LV HD frosty ***** run. Check-in doesn't have to be inside with the naked dancing girls, so you don't offend those who look for reasons to be offended. But giving guys a chance to 'accidently' see boobies while taking part in a legitimate activity is always a crowd pleaser.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

naked chicks at every check point. lots of booze...who cares who wins?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Fossil
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been going to and putting on poker runs for about thirty years. Make sure you have liability insurance and disclaimer/minor ok forms. Do not have any of the stops at bars. Who knows who is an alcoholic and may just wreck, literally, your poker run and it is your fault for making alcohol available. Make every stop on the right side of the road so the contestants will not have to cross a lane of oncoming traffic. On your flyers that you put up at every motorcycle oriented business: when the event opens, starts, first bike out, last bike in and event closes. The event opens and closes on your flyers will limit your liability to just that time in between. Might help to have a specific colored cones or ribbons right before the check point. Instruct those who are working the check points not to run after each bike that comes in. I have seen people push bikes over with their shoving of a bag full of cards in the drivers face. Get them to bring chairs and let them come to you.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Hole-in-won
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poker run prizes royal strait flush and more

POKER RUN . . . LARGE PRIZE INSURANCE

ALL Poker Runs . . . Sponsors . . . Directors . . . Charitys . . . Benefits
ADD on an EVENT-FRIENDLY . . . "Royal Strait Flush" PRIZE CONTEST

Hole-in-WON.com provides Specialty Poker Contests Insurance for
FUN - FUNDRAISING & PROMOTING of your BENEFIT and SPONSORS.
Greatest cost-effective promotion for any Poker Run

Give away Harleys's, Scholarships, Cars, CASH & more
Starting at ONLY 150.00

We are Hole-In-WON.com . . . and we have worked with many POKER RUNS . . . w/ ROYAL STRAIT FLUSH and more POKER HANDS CONTEST INSURANCE . . . Let us show you how . . . to promote
LARGE PRIZE - FUN at ANY Poker Run . . . while INCREASING ATTENDANCE, SPONSORSHIPS
. . . even FUNDRAISING if desired . . . in any economy.

COMPLIMENTARY QUOTE or CONFERENCE @ 203-831-0600 . . . E-MAIL or POKER RUN QUOTE on the Web at: Hole-in-WON.com-POKER RUN QUOTE Form
** Harley-Davidson of Danbury, CT Winner and many more ** Over $14 Million in Payouts **
** Does NOT Have to be for Motorcycle Runs . . . Bicycle Runs - Snowmobile Runs - Boat Runs - Walks **

HERES a Sample of RIDER-FRIENDLY POKER RUN Contests and POKER HANDS:

ROYAL STRAIT FLUSH Draw it and You WIN.
ROYAL STRAIT FLUSH w/ a JOKER Draw it and You WIN.
FOUR of a KIND. FIVE of a KIND. FOUR ACES. FIVE ACES. Draw it and You WIN.
STRAIT FLUSH Draw it and You WIN.
HAVE a FINAL 1 More Chance Table For Added Donations. Draw a Royal Strait Flush and You WIN.
DRAW More CARDS For Added Donations

WE HAVE POKER CONTESTS for EVERY TYPE of POKER RUN and WE WILL CUSTOMIZE to ANY IDEA

ALL are WILDLY POPULAR . . . comes w/ 24 / 7 SERVICE . . . INSTANT TURNAROUND. We have 25 YEARS OF POKER RUN & CONTEST EXPERIENCE UNDER OUR BELT . . . We WERE the FIRST POKER RUN CONTEST COMPANY on the Internet . . . Offer EXCLUSIVE Contests . . . The ONLY company that donates to the Clients, Charities & Benefits we work with . . . THE HIGHEST RATED FINANCIAL - REFERENCES, PAYOUTS & TESTIMONIALS

If you are NOT your POKER RUN event Coordinator . . . Would you kindly pass this along to a
chairperson, committee or anyone that's involved or interested in a . . . FUN - RIDER - FRIENDLY ** LARGE Prize Insurance "NO RISK" ROYAL STRAIT FLUSH POKER RUN Contest **
As always, Best of Luck to Your Event . . . Contact us with . . . ANY questions or Special requests.
Contact Hole-In-Won.com Forward to a Poker Run Friend VP POKER RUN Contests
Hole-In-Won.com
222 Purchase Street
Rye, NY 10580-2101
203-831-0642 Direct Line
203-219-3090 Fax
203-219-3090 Cell Phone . . . If Anytime Assistance Needed.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I won't go on any runs that have a "KSU" time, where everyone leaves at once. Sign-ins from "10:00 - 12:00" is fine. Have a map to hand out so people know where they are going. I won't go on any cop assisted or intersection blocking runs. Just my own preference. I like to be able to leave when I feel like it (within reason) and arrive (or not) to the next stop when I want. I don't want or expect anyone to be watching out for me, or to make sure I make it to the next stop (except Husband). (Although, if we have a break-down, then help is appreciated, but not necessarily expected.) Have a time scheduled for the drawings and prizes at the end. Then folks can show up at that certain time if they want. Sometimes, if we know the area, we will just take a different route to the stops or destination. Or we will just skip stops and pick up the rest of our cards at the next or last stop. My suggestion, especially for smaller runs, is to keep it simple. I stay away from the over-organized runs.