General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yearly finance options

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:12 AM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yearly finance options

Hi all,
This is my first post since I sold my Street Bob last summer after I retired from the Air Force. I knew I was moving into an apartment because I moved back to St Louis, from Oklahoma City-where I retired from. I knew I wouldn't have a place to store it, so I sold it. Well, I still live in an apartment because my house still hasn't sold back in OKC. I do have a storage unit closeby so I figured I can keep a new one there for a couple of months.

Anyway, in January H-D was offering 1% financing. This month, they are offering 6 months no interest, 7 months no payments-or vice versa. Anyone know what they typically offer in March?

Thanks
Mike

Old 01-22-2011, 09:31 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The warmer it gets the less they offer

Old 01-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Zac Strayer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well from teh short experience i have which is hardley any. since this Feb will be my first purchase of a Harely. they make it seam like march is game over for good deals. my dealer is telling me to grab before the end of Feb.

Last edited by Zac Strayer; 01-22-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:11 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6 months no interest, 7 months no payment probably isn't that great of a deal because they still charge you interest for the time period and it's probably higher than you can get if you shop around. I always find credit unions have excellent rates. As far as I know, the dealership has several sources for finasncing. If you don't know the going rate before you go in there, they will probably hose you with a high interest rate loan which is more profit for them.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

first and foremost if you finacning check your credit vica scores if your over 720 you will get the best anyone has to offer but like somene above said check banks and c/u before you go in and you can say if u can beat x you can have my finacing otherwise go back to bank always have a plan b you shop for prices why woulden`t you shop for interest rates its all money

Old 01-22-2011, 12:04 PM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If Hawgly will give you 6 months interest free with no early buy out penalty, Take that & shop around for your best interest rate. than, at 6 months, switch over to your favorite bank with 6 payments off of your bike's total price. That way you will save a lil' cash.
Hatch.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master

I was approved with Harley for the 9.99% with a mid to upper 700 credit score. One credit union I checked would approve me with a 3.9% but my debt to income ratio is way too high because I am paying a mortgage and rent until my house sells. I told them I can afford it and that my credit speaks for itself, but they would not budge, so I will probably take the deal from Harley and after my house sells, I will refinance with a better rate. Thanks everyone.

BTW, I can't decide between another Dyna or a Deluxe.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:10 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

deluxe is for chicks

Old 01-22-2011, 07:31 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by hatchetman
If Hawgly will give you 6 months interest free with no early buy out penalty, Take that & shop around for your best interest rate. than, at 6 months, switch over to your favorite bank with 6 payments off of your bike's total price. That way you will save a lil' cash.
Hatch.
Be sure to read the fine print!

Old 01-22-2011, 09:00 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior

I bought mine through the TSP (thrift saving plan) of my wifes. Really low interest and your money still grows. I think you are with the old system and may not been offered a tax defered option. Something to check on..........

Quick Reply: Yearly finance options