General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

actual horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:04 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, sold a 2006 LE Hayabusa when I bought the Fat Bob. Glad I knew what I was getting into.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Vanharley
If you like the bike "Great" if your interested in Torque & Horsepower your either need to get a second job to pay for the mods or get a second bike. I love harleys but I have no delusion that its a performance bike. They are" cruisers" You would think the MOCO could do better on this issue. Passing cars even with the stage 2 is sometimes frustrating compared to My rocket that has 140 hp and 150 Ft lbs Torque from the factory. Now if I could only get my 3 cylinder rocket to make the potato - potato sound that would be a hell of a bike!
Second job? For $3k (+/-), he can turn his stock 96" Super Glide to a 107" that can produce 120+ hp and 125+ tq, that will have no problem passing anything on the road. Not to mention a seat of the pants ride that will have him grinning like he just won the lotto.

Now, buying a 2nd bike just for passing cars, that will require a second job.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Remember both guys who posted hp/tq sheets have the "b" motor. The "a" motor has slightly better numbers.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:31 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 245 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Saw a stock '07 dyno'd @ 66 HP, 79 ft/lbs torque
This is about right. After cams and exhaust/air cleaner, you can get dramatically better results.

TedMan

Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 AM
JackDupp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DD&Weevil
Second job? For $3k (+/-), he can turn his stock 96" Super Glide to a 107" that can produce 120+ hp and 125+ tq, that will have no problem passing anything on the road. Not to mention a seat of the pants ride that will have him grinning like he just won the lotto.

Now, buying a 2nd bike just for passing cars, that will require a second job.
Here's one you can buy, It'll even keep up with a Honda..so he says, I have no proof.

Perusing the classified the other day and ran across this…………

2004 Harley-Davidson Sceamin' Eagle Electra Glide
FLHTCSE 31,000 miles. Engine redone at 28,000. It will run with the Gold Wings. Engine Specs: Cases split- Tinker roller bearing installed, Extensive head work, flowed, ported, and angle charge, 1.940 Ferrea Intake valves and 1.625 HD Exhaust. SandS Gear Drive cam conversion kit. Titanium lift springs and push rod. Jims hydrosolid lifters, no bleed down - turn solid at 3-3500 rpm. Jims Roller rockers. Delcron forged rocker arm supports brackets. Zippers EFI manifold, Zippers 54 mil throttle body. Zippers Thunder Max (THUNDER HEART IGNITION) Redshift 657 Cams. Wiseco 4" sleeper conversion w/10.5-1 fitted pistons. Rinehart true duals exhaust.Ride str8 Stabilizer, No high speed wobbles even at 125mph. Bottom line is this is a 110 incher my way. Not HDs way. 126 ft lbs of torque 117hp. My way works. Very sophisticated, expensive bike that will run with the Wings.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JackDupp
2004 Harley-Davidson Sceamin' Eagle Electra Glide
FLHTCSE 31,000 miles. Engine redone at 28,000. It will run with the Gold Wings. Engine Specs: Cases split- Tinker roller bearing installed, Extensive head work, flowed, ported, and angle charge, 1.940 Ferrea Intake valves and 1.625 HD Exhaust. SandS Gear Drive cam conversion kit. Titanium lift springs and push rod. Jims hydrosolid lifters, no bleed down - turn solid at 3-3500 rpm. Jims Roller rockers. Delcron forged rocker arm supports brackets. Zippers EFI manifold, Zippers 54 mil throttle body. Zippers Thunder Max (THUNDER HEART IGNITION) Redshift 657 Cams. Wiseco 4" sleeper conversion w/10.5-1 fitted pistons. Rinehart true duals exhaust.Ride str8 Stabilizer, No high speed wobbles even at 125mph. Bottom line is this is a 110 incher my way. Not HDs way. 126 ft lbs of torque 117hp. My way works. Very sophisticated, expensive bike that will run with the Wings.
He didn't have the crank trued, welded and plugged by Darkhorse? WTF!

Didn't know it was that hard keeping up with Gold Wings. Hell, they're typically doing 5 mph under the posted speed limit.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:25 AM
JackDupp
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DD&Weevil
He didn't have the crank trued, welded and plugged by Darkhorse? WTF!

Didn't know it was that hard keeping up with Gold Wings. Hell, they're typically doing 5 mph under the posted speed limit.
Yep, probably why he was able to keep up......j/k

Old 01-23-2011, 12:41 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cheaper to buy a gold wing, better ride and no need to spend all that money to have a couch keep up much less pass them

Old 01-23-2011, 12:48 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I try to stay away from the gold wings.
Those little stuffed animal thingys they strap on the back scare me.

I don't have any problem passing cars and all I have is a little stage one 88 cubic incher.
Just gotta know how to ride it.

Last edited by carpetride; 01-23-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 PM
JackDupp
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by carpetride
I try to stay away from the gold wings.
Those little stuffed animal thingys they strap on the back scare me.

I don't have any problem passing cars and all I have is a little stage one 88 cubic incher.
Just gotta know how to ride it.
It's a bitch thou when a goldwing blows by and that stuffed animal has a grin on it's face.

Quick Reply: actual horsepower