General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exchange New Car sales (military)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Orange09Glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2006 Road King Classic while I was stationed Europe. After it was all said and done I saved just over $2,000. The experience could not have been any easier. If there is anyway to take delivery of it while overseas do and save more. All the dealer from from hometown area could not touch the price. From what I am told stateside dealers get into trouble with Harley for selling below MSRP.?

Old 01-22-2011, 04:35 PM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you know exactly what you want, this is a good way to get it. Like already stated, you never know what your local dealer will have on the floor when you start shopping.
I have bought 3 Harleys and a new Ford through ENCS. Worked well for me.

Sales tax will depend on what state you have the bike shipped to. If you can have it shipped and registered in a state that has no/lower sales tax, you will save even more.

S/F
Freefall

Old 01-22-2011, 05:36 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spent 24 years in the Navy and never used the program myself (always due to the lack of funds) but a few of my friends did and were extremely pleased.
Factory ordered vehicles built to your specifications and delivered to any dealership you want. The prices were always lower than the window sticker. If I had the money back then I would have taken advantage of the program. Good luck on your purchase.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:46 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sully666
I tried to buy one from new car sales when i was in Korea but found found one i liked better using cycle trader for far less price. just my 2 cents!!
But are you comparing a new Harley price, ordered direct from the factory, to a used bike from an individual seller?

Old 01-23-2011, 07:25 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I ordered my 08 FLHR in Kuwait back in 07 through ENCS (Military Car Sales). A very positive and painless experience. I was constantly updated via email from the main office in Dubai, U.A.E. concerning it's ready to be started, it's in progress being built, it's completed, it's being shipped to your hometown dealer, it's now at your dealer awaiting pick up. I did have to pay sales tax due to my state tax laws upon pick up.

Couldn't ask for any better service. Easily saved over $2000. Hometown HD Dealership mentioned they could not of matched price. A excellent program for you guys overseas who want to save a few bucks. The MotorCo supports the military and it's troops! Plus sales person in Kuwait gave me 2 really cool military/HD t-shirts.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
DaSarge
Intermediate

I didn't use them to buy a bike, I used them to buy a car when I was stationed in Korea. Was a very easy process. Ordered it with the color and options I wanted, put the downpayment on it, provided financing information (which was easy since I was going thru USAA), and just waited. Whole process took about a month total. Had to pay the sales tax when I picked it up in Reno but it was waiting for me when I got there. If my memory is correct I picked it up for about $3K under MSRP (this was back in 2002).

Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 AM
mccalljv
Cruiser

Thanks for the info. We are definitely going to be using the service for a new car, just need to talk my better half into getting another/new bike.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:08 PM
softailman1227
Advanced

I bought my 09' heritage softail about 2 years ago from them. I saved some money, about $2K total. The main savings was that being a resident of Ohio I was able to circumvent the process of paying a state sales tax that Georgia was wanting me to pay to get the tags. I would assume the process is the same as when you are deployed, but the biggest way to save is that I could make interest free payments until I picked up the bike when I got back to the states at which time I had to have the rest financed.
So if you will be picking it up later and can put a lot towards the bike in that time, you will save a lot of money in interest not payed. But it always helps to shop around to find the best deal, who knows you might be able to find a better deal elsewhere.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:35 PM
DMJFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my 07 fatboy new delivered to Germany in late 06. Not that good of a deal because they charged me $1000 for overseas delivery. When i ordered my 10 ultra i picked it up in the states. I did have to pay taxes but still saved almost 2k.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:01 PM
beastie
Cruiser

I ordered mine while in Balad, Iraq last year. My salesman, Ryan Dumigan, made the purchase pain-free. He gave me great insight to what would be a great match for my preferences since this was my first bike. I saved up to $2.5k on my 2010 FXD (depending on which local dealer I compare prices to). It seems you save more on more expensive models. Props too to H-D of Ocean County (NJ) for being very supportive and easy to deal with. I think I received a free 2 yr HOG membership with the purchase.

Quick Reply: Exchange New Car sales (military)