General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more H.O.G. Fly n Ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Retrax
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No more H.O.G. Fly n Ride?

OK, my forum searching skills are lacking, so this may have been covered already. I couldn't find anything other than posts stating the program was cut for 2011.

I thought I read that H.O.G. national membership no longer covered the fly n ride program, and that it had been canceled. I get an email today from H.O.G. stating "For 2011 H.O.G. membership is more rewarding than ever." "More HOG Fly N Ride Rental Options. Now you can rent a Harley at more than 300 Fly & Ride destinations worldwide – and choose how long you want your rental experience to be. H.O.G. has teamed up with Harley-Davidson Authorized Rentals to give you more choices, and more flexibility."

Am I missing something? It looks like the Fly n Ride option is not canceled, yet it is actually expanded and improved? Did HD get so much negative feedback for dropping the program that they brought it back? How had this changed for the worse from what was offered in 2010 and earlier?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:34 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I got the same email. I wonder where the other info came from. Maybe a schill for another brand.

Schu? Victory?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Dri11bit
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to recall a post not too long ago here stating it was not available for 2011 but cant find it either.

So it's still on? That will be nice...

Old 01-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Retrax
Tourer

I can't find the info from earlier, but I did receive an email or a link saying it was no longer being offered. Right about then, there was a thread here with people talking about canceling their memberships and writing some angry emails to HD. Maybe HD actually listened? The national HOG membership is a little expensive for a map book and occasional magazine/advertisement publication. I actually kept mine to use the fly n ride benefit.

If anybody out there is "in the know", share with us!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:30 PM
icewater103
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing a post or something about it being discontinued last fall, but it's still around.
I just started planning a trip for March out to Nevada and Arizona. I'm flyin' and ridin'.
I'm ridin' alot. Then I'm gonna ride some more.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It definitely said it was still on in my 2011 HOG package

Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Default Fly n Ride

I was told by my dealer that the program was cancelled. However, supposedly it has been reworked to where HOG members will get some discount and some other benies but that it will not be like it was. According to the dealer there was a massive email and writing campaign sent to HD protesting the elimination of this program. Maybe it worked.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, the HOG Fly & Ride program was featured in the "Happy New Hog" e-mail that was sent out yesterday. Here is a quote from the e-mail:
Now you can rent a Harley at more than 300 Fly & Ride destinations worldwide – and choose how long you want your rental experience to be. H.O.G. has teamed up with Harley-Davidson Authorized Rentals to give you more choices, and more flexibility. Sounds good to me!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:48 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior

Got the same email, so I guess the other that was passed around is bogus.......

Old 01-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I was attempting to plan a trip last week (that i'll be taking in june) and couldn't find anything on HOG's website about fly and ride. Their site just linked to the normal bike rentals without any of the perks. So I'm assuming they did discontinue it and just brought it back.

EDIT: Actually I just checked the website now and while it says "fly and ride" the perks it lists are the same you'd get with any rental. And it just links you to hdrentals.com.

Last edited by Fat_Boy; 01-22-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: update

Quick Reply: No more H.O.G. Fly n Ride?