General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more H.O.G. Fly n Ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
henlan
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
It is combined with the HD Rental Service. But when you reserve through the HOG web site, or the HOG phone number, you get a better rate. The HOG rate. By combining the two, you have more choices. You now can rent for shorter and longer times. Before, with HOG if you wanted to rent for just one day, you could not. With the new program, you now can rent for one day or one month. The choice is yours.
Nope- not the way it works. When you call HOG to rent... (I did) they tell you that they combined both programs and you now have more options...

Your options are ...

* Rent from dealer at prevailing dealer rate (and get a slight discount- in fact the same discount that Eagle Rider will give)

* Don't rent

And hey now you can even rent for one day! At double the rate...

Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
henlan
Novice

Sorry guys- and I may be repeating myself... but Harley has canceled Fly & Ride and they are playing games with the "wording".

For any of you who had never used the program...the way it worked was $100 per day- minimum 2 day rental. NO OTHER FEES NONE

NOW you rent from the dealer at his prevailing rate. I have a bike rented for one day next week... $218 for ON DAY. (It was a pre-planned vacation so I kept the bike rental)
You get a slight discount... 20% or so- but that is 20% off a doubled rate.

This is a loss of a great perk and I hope you will all spread the word!

I have written letters to :

Keith Waddell - Pres & CEO
Matthew Levatich - Pres/ CEO MOCO
Barry Allen - Chairman of the Board
Kris Schooner - Director HOG

Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
henlan
Novice

Originally Posted by SUPRPIG

Sorry... they can call it "Fly and Ride" - but the program ended December 31, 2010. Now you rent from a dealer at dealer rate.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

they call it fly & ride in the 2011 benefits guide

Old 01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would've kept it cancelled and let whoever bitched quit their membership. Then, after a short while they would come crawling back and HD/HOG would have the upper hand. LOL

Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like henlan is disgruntle.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:02 PM
henlan
Novice
Angry Right you are...

Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
Sounds like henlan is disgruntle.
I am disgruntled. They have canceled a program that has meant a lot to a lot of members. They call it "Fly & Ride" but it is just a "Call & Rent" and pay double.

No matter what you read, in your membership papers, on the website, in emails, the program is dead.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 PM
PNSHVL
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original "Fly & Ride" program ended on 12/31/10. Here's what happened to me. I rent a Road Glide in June of last year thru HOG fly & ride to be picked up in Miami during bike week of March 2011 for 6 days at $600. OK, I get all paper worked from HOG signed, credit card charged and I'm all set. WRONG! HOG calls me in December and tells me the program is ending, but not to worry. They made arrangements with the dealer, just call them, HOG will refund my money and dealer will take care of me, cool. I call the dealer, tell him HOG said to call for my bike. He's like we have 2 left, a Sportster or a Road King. I'm like thats not what I reserved, He says don't you know it's bike week, your lucky we have those left. I'm like yea dumb *** that's why I reserved it 6 months ago with HOG. Oh, we don't have anything to do with them and by the way it's $1400. I call HOG back, oh sorry about the bike. You pay it and then send us a copy of the rental agreement and we'll refund the difference. That's alright but I still don't get the bike I wanted and dealer was a total A hole. I'll be dropping my HOG membership, *** clowns wait till December to tell me! Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM
msgtbob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly and Ride loss equates to Erosion of Benefits

My wife and I have this huge vacation planned on the Big Island of Hawaii. A few years ago we went to Kauai and rented an Ultra Classic. So we had our hearts set on renting again. However we discovered that the Fly and Ride Program was nixed. From the HOG Member web site I located and Big Island Harley Davidson rentals (808 831-2614) and spoke with Tim. Tim stated that the Fly and Ride program was cancelled however since I was Lifetime HOG member and a Fly and Ride refugee that he could give me a 20% discount. Tim stated that the regular price to rent a 2011 Harley Electra Glide Classic for two days was $487.94. However since I was a HOG member he would give me a 20% discount, He never asked for my HOG number or my wife’s HOG number. The price I was charged for a 2 day rental was $405.02. I felt like we were getting screwed in the shorts but I did not want this to wreck our planned vacation.

Quick Reply: No more H.O.G. Fly n Ride?