General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker friendly places to stay in French Quarter

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Traceman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Biker friendly places to stay in French Quarter

I am in the process of planning a trip to New Orleans French Quarter this June and need a good "Bike Friendly" place to stay for the weekend. I know there are a ton of places but which ones. We are staying at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside on Two Poydras for most of the week but the company is paying for that. I am mainly looking for somewhere to stay June 17-19th that the average biker can afford and will be somewhat safe for my bike. LOL

Old 03-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Traceman
Road Captain

Nobody from down there on here??

Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 AM
dFREDb
Club Member

Only really safe place I would leave my bike is at the Ritz-Carlton (worked there for 5 years). Not exactly cheap, but very secure. If I can think of any others, I'll let you know. Just look for enclosed parking garages attached to the hotel.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Traceman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dFREDb
Only really safe place I would leave my bike is at the Ritz-Carlton (worked there for 5 years). Not exactly cheap, but very secure. If I can think of any others, I'll let you know. Just look for enclosed parking garages attached to the hotel.
Thanks for the info Fred.

Nice SG btw

Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
kered
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i visited last summer and stayed in the gretna area...within 10 mins of being there i pulled my bike inside my friends apt...i laid my phone on the ground next to some bushes while we were bringing it in...we talked inside for maybe 2 minutes and when i went out to get it it was gone...watch your stuff!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 AM
mark10
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

just got back from NOLA monday morning. stayed at 3 different places (it was a weird weekend).

thur march 3rd
Maison Dupuy Hotel
1001 RUE TOULOUSE New Orleans, LA 70112
$130.00 for the night. (fri nite mardi gras price would have been 275)
king size bed, clean room. view out of window was to a brick wall but that happens a lot down there.
attached parking within the hotel. (didn't have a car so i don't know if a cost is involved). appeared to be safe as there is one way in and out. i believe it was only for hotel guests.

fri march 4th
royal senesta (on bourbon)
$275.00 (price inflated because of mardi-gras)
double bed, 5th floor, window crummy. pillows were crap. room was small. otherwise clean.
parking below the hotel. had to pay. not sure if only for hotel guests. would appear to be safe.

sat mar 5th
the westin
$425.00 (price inflated because of mardi-gras, also had 4 people staying in the room)
double or queen bed, comfortable. new building, clean.
parking was a multi story parking garage also used by the connected shopping center. had to pay. not only for hotel guests. basically a public parking garage.

so if it was me i would look into the Maison Dupuy Hotel. on travelocity, there were some bad reviews, but i didn't find any real negatives with the place. it is older than the other two but who cares. its only about 2 blocks off bourban so not hard to get to. there were some specials at $57 a nite coming up. i opted for a kind room, although there is a special king room or something like that which i might opt for. i was just being cheap and didn't want to pay the extra $10 for it. there is also a bar on site as well as a pretty good restaurant. pool and workout room are barely adequate, but thats not really what you are in NOLA for anyway.

if you have never been there before and want some more information, let me know. don't know a whole bunch but have spent xmas there for 07, 08, 09 and then again last weekend, so i have some experience.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:38 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

(lived in nola for 17 years)

if it were me, i wouldnt take my bike anywhere near downtown/the french quarter. far too many vagrants and gutterpunks walking (or stumbling) around. heck, even tourists pose a threat since so many seem to think the city will magically increase their alcohol tolerance.

take a cab, or drive and park in one of the lots near jax brewery.

as for where to stay... dunno. as a native i always just stayed at home hehe. but even the farthest place from downtown is only like a 20 minute drive, so maybe stay somewhere in metairie and "commute" to the action.

if you are planning on staying at a hotel downtown, call ahead and ask about their parking situation. some places have required valet parking that cost an arm and a leg, and im not sure how they would treat motorcycles. also, do not expect free and/or gated parking from a hotel, a lot of places dont offer that. might be best to call around and ask the concierges a bunch of questions before you book.

good luck, enjoy the town.

oh, for food, i personally recommend parkway bakery for lunch (show up early, the line can get super long!) and la boucherie for dinner.

dammit, now im hungry and homesick.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

You might want to call some of the hotels in the Central Business District and the Warehouse District and ask specifically about motorcycle parking. You'll have to walk a few more blocks to get to the French Quarter, but it's less crowded and less expensive than staying in the French Quarter. Bring a real good cable lock and a cover for your bike. You can also give this place a call: http://www.bike-stay.net/usa/louisia...w-orleans.html

Old 03-10-2011, 05:10 AM
m50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump Interested also

Old 03-10-2011, 07:24 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay at the Hotel Montleone on the advise of another member 2 years ago. It's a great hotel but like the Ritz, not cheap. They park your bike behind the personal cars of the valets. I never worried....it was a safe location. Follow the directions on their website because their parking is at the side of the hotel.....

Enjoy New Orleans.............it's a great city.....................

Quick Reply: Biker friendly places to stay in French Quarter