General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrossBones or not to Crossbone

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011 | 01:38 PM
Brutus Iron
Novice

Dealer is telling the truth, they aren't making the Crossbones for the 2012 model year....nor the rocker....

Old 01-20-2011 | 01:54 PM
redmonster13
Road Captain

I'd toss a springer and fat tire on the train and maybe some air shocks and ride it until it or I died. I wanted a train when I went to buy and discovered it was discontinued in 09 and I was buying in 10. I bought my WG and love it but there is a soft spot in my heart for the train.

Old 01-20-2011 | 02:22 PM
Zakk13
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by redmonster13
I'd toss a springer and fat tire on the train and maybe some air shocks and ride it until it or I died. I wanted a train when I went to buy and discovered it was discontinued in 09 and I was buying in 10. I bought my WG and love it but there is a soft spot in my heart for the train.
Yea man i know.. i like the Train myself but like i said for some one who has back problems the seating position is horrible!! didnt have back injury before i bought it! Looked into transforming it by adding a "good american made" springer front ,better seat, apes hangers,plus changing the cables.., fat tire , floor boards your looking at about $4,000 give or take!!! No thanks ill just get the Crossbones thats already done!

Old 01-20-2011 | 04:12 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

Cross Bones.A real Harley has a springer!!!

Old 01-20-2011 | 04:15 PM
Mandodoc
Tourer

I really like my CrossBones, I have a bad back as well and it doesn't make my back any worse than anything else I do. If it makes you happy join the XBones club.....

Old 01-20-2011 | 04:24 PM
RevMatt
Advanced
Lightbulb I love my x-bones!

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Ok guys as most of you might know ive been thinking of trading my 09 Nighttrain for a 11 Crossbones. Well the dealer called me and just told me he has just got a black one in like i was looking for. He also told me the CrossBones is now being discontinued!! I guess my biggest concern is getting a discontinued bike will have negative issues like springer mateinence issues and trade value and aftermarket goodies coming to a hault for the bike and who knows what else.. I know it affects trade because when i was wheeling and dealing with my Train that was the dealers excuse.. they keep saying "well we only can give you this much because it is a discontinued model". Also the reason im even thinking of trading is because i have a jacked up lower back and the mini apes,floor boards and fatter front tire just make for a more comfortable ride. I thought about just adding the apes and stuff to the Train and making it comfortable but for the money it will cost it seems better just to get the new bike with all the stuff i need on it already..plus it will be a new bike with new warranty and such! Any last thoughts on this would be appreciated!!! Keep the Train or get the Bones??
Most of HDs Springer models only run a couple of years. (Think "Bad-Boy.") The Bad-Boys are selling for DOUBLE their NADA book value.
The Cross Bones is very versatile. It can be dressed up as a bagger, put a "Brawler" type seat on it and make it a cruiser, etc..... Check out the cross bones threads in here and view some of the sweet mods being done! Unless you are looking for a "Goldwing" styled HD, the Bones is the Bomb! I am also NOT a fan of fairings and windshields. The bones is the best looking "non-windshielded" bike in the 96" line IMHO!

Old 01-20-2011 | 04:41 PM
Zakk13
|
Stellar HDF Member

Im going to the dealer Saturday to look at the vivid black Bones they just got in yesterday! Getting snow tommarow so the roads will probably be sh!%.. Hope they still let me test ride it!!

Old 01-20-2011 | 05:21 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

I'd go with the crossbones. Night Train is just not as cool as the crossbones - not even close.

Old 01-20-2011 | 05:29 PM
Zakk13
|
Stellar HDF Member

Love the Bones and if i buy will probably be happy with but knowing my luck harley will come out with some sick awsome bike for 2012! Right after i buy the Bones!!!

Old 01-20-2011 | 05:36 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member

Cross the train with the FXSTS, wrinkle black everything, springer and all. Call it the BAD ***.

Quick Reply: CrossBones or not to Crossbone