General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Friday55
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart True Duals

I was on the phone with Adam at Rinehart today. I'm considering putting a set of Rinehart true duals on my '10 SG and I was concerned about the routing of the rear header. He told me that they are supposed to be coming out with a re-designed set of headers that goes back to the more traditional placement with the rear pipe routed out the left side. This should be available in the March / April time frame.

Personally, I'm not going to wait. I kind of like the odd routing. If these pipes meet my needs I may have a set of D and D Boss Fat Cat 2 to 1 pipes for sale. I'll let you know.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Grof
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday55
I was on the phone with Adam at Rinehart today. I'm considering putting a set of Rinehart true duals on my '10 SG and I was concerned about the routing of the rear header. He told me that they are supposed to be coming out with a re-designed set of headers that goes back to the more traditional placement with the rear pipe routed out the left side. This should be available in the March / April time frame.

Personally, I'm not going to wait. I kind of like the odd routing. If these pipes meet my needs I may have a set of D and D Boss Fat Cat 2 to 1 pipes for sale. I'll let you know.
so what's the deal with D&D, you don't like sound, performance etc,
I am looking for new pipes also, I have in mind Thunderheader, Rinehart, D&D, so what is the reason to go to Rinehart?
tnx.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Friday55
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the sound of the D&D. The performance is great (check my signature) and I don't think there is a better looking 2 into 1 pipe. On my commute which is about 40 minutes everything is good. When I ride for a couple of hours or more I get sound fatigue. If there is such a thing.

I chose the Rineharts based on hearing them at a couple of local watering holes and talking the owners along with posts on this site. I want better than stock performance and sound. I also want to be able to listen to my tunes at cruising speed. I think these will meet my needs. I seriously looked at Vance and Hines and Rush exhausts. It's all really subjective.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
ElectraDave
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I like the sound of the bike myself, but I also like the balanced look of two exhaust pipes on a bagger. Would like 2 into 1 with ghost pipe.